Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much would you want to leave work.

Options
  • 07-07-2011 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

how much of a lump sum would you want to leave work in this climate.:confused: on a good wage!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mary21

depends on your personal circumstances,morgage etc. do you want to stay there?have your issues been resolved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

How much do you earn before tax?
    How long have you been with the company?
    Whose fault is it that you're leaving?
    What are the consequences of refusing the offer?

Some things to think over. Basically, look at it in terms of x weeks pay per year service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

paul1970 wrote: »
    6 years
    theirs
    injured
    unsure when i can work again
    6 figure sum offered

6 figures? Big difference between €100,000 and €999,999, plus you may have to pay tax.
    I think you should get legal advice, and also medical advice regarding how your injury can effect your life.
    On the face of it, it sounds like a good offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You can find information about the taxation of lump sums here (Citizens Information).

As for your original question, it's very much about personal circumstances. I'm very employable and willing to travel so I'd happily leave for a modest five figure sum tax free. You on the other hand don't seem to be in this situation.

What I'd really be weighing up if I were you is the possible consequences of refusing the offer. Do you end up worse off in the long run when they try to get rid of you regardless?

Advertisement