Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle Thefts from Blanch Corporate Park

Options
  • 07-07-2011 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

FYI...there have been multiple thefts/attempts thefts of motorbikes parked in the Blanch Corporate Park recently, including one at gunpoint.

At 3pm today. my own bike was stolen. It was lifted into the boot of a car by 4 guys and driven off towards Finglas/Dunsink. The park landlord gave chase but lost them.

I was hoping someone here might be able to help identify the owner of the car used. It was a Red Nissan Bluebird with a 91 D reg. It's quite a rare car, so if you know anyone with such a car, please either PM me or contact Blanchardstown Garda Station and ask to speak with Garda Dave Shorthouse.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

FYI...there have been multiple thefts/attempts thefts of motorbikes parked in the Blanch Corporate Park recently, including one at gunpoint.

At 3pm today. my own bike was stolen. It was lifted into the boot of a car by 4 guys and driven off towards Finglas/Dunsink. The park landlord gave chase but lost them.

I was hoping someone here might be able to help identify the owner of the car used. It was a Red Nissan Bluebird with a 91 D reg. It's quite a rare car, so if you know anyone with such a car, please either PM me or contact Blanchardstown Garda Station and ask to speak with Garda Dave Shorthouse.

Thanks all.

Oh I passed that car on the bend at cappagh road. I was turning right towards the hospital and the car came around the bend on the opposite side of the road and drove straight for me forcing me to pull over and I did notice a bike in the boot. It went straight down towards dunsink all right. Definitely the same car, the drive had dark shortish hair prob late 20s early 30s. I remember thinking that he was probably running from something and that the car prob wasn't insured! F**kin madness

Edit: Just thinking, You know when you are going towards finglas from the ballycoolin road, just over the m50 bridge on the left where the entrance to the halting site is, theres a new(ish) sign there from Fingal County Council. It says that the entrance area is being monitored with a 'secret' camera to catch illegal dumping but depending on which angle it is being recorded it might be able to get you a full registration number. Might be worth following up on or the police might be able to do it. Hope it helps in some way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Thanks tyview. That's helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Do you only have a partial reg?
    Does Blanch Corporate Park have security cameras at the entrance? If so, can the full reg be retrieved from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

fella in my work had his bike stolen in blanch corp park, think they found it in corduff in someone's back garden

cctv was'nt very helpful, they are alot more security conscious these days, as people were breaking into offices and stealing pc's/ laptops

daymobrew wrote: »
    Do you only have a partial reg?
    Does Blanch Corporate Park have security cameras at the entrance? If so, can the full reg be retrieved from that?

Yup...only a partial reg. They were driving at high speed and park landlord was trying to keep up with them and ring the Gardai at the same time.

I'm still waiting on the park security to check through the footage, though there is very limited cctv coverage in the park, and none surrounding the building where I work.

• Advertisement

Presumably the entrance has CCTV.
    The Gardai can do a search with a partial plate. There cannot be too many 91D Nisaan Bluebirds out there.

Just a small update. The Gardai have traced the car that was used in the theft, and more importantly, its owner. No trace of the bike though.

I don't have much more info than that, but it looks like criminal prosecution should happen, and I can take civil action for compensation. Some good news :D

Just a small update. The Gardai have traced the car that was used in the theft, and more importantly, its owner. No trace of the bike though.
    How did the Gardai find the car? CCTV or a wildcard search with the partial reg.

daymobrew wrote: »
    How did the Gardai find the car? CCTV or a wildcard search with the partial reg.

Both I presume. Obviously not the brightest of criminals for using their own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

I don't have much more info than that, but it looks like criminal prosecution should happen, and I can take civil action for compensation. Some good news :D

I was going to say there is no way they would use their own car with a genuine reg so as not to dampen any spirits but by jesus fair play.

It doesn't matter if they don't find the bike, the car is on camera, if it's his car and he cannot give any explanation then he will be done and he will be compensating you.

Hats off to you even though I don't have hat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Hey OP, was the suspect living in and around the Dunsink area? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Glad they found the owner of the car. What kind of bike was it, just so we can be on the look out ;) The amount of kids rallying them around with absolutely no regard for anyone else is astonishing.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Hey OP, was the suspect living in and around the Dunsink area? :pac:
    Finglas...but I don't yet have an exact address. The investigating Garda is off duty until Friday.
    tyview wrote: »
    Glad they found the owner of the car. What kind of bike was it, just so we can be on the look out ;) The amount of kids rallying them around with absolutely no regard for anyone else is astonishing.

It was a red Gilera DNA 180 similar to this 125cc version.
    gilera_dna_125_rot.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

, , and I can take civil action for compensation.

You'll be doing well getting anything out of that.

Advertisement