Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Running Top for Sweaty Runners.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Anyone? :(

Thinking of trying the following:

Orca Perform Mens Singlet
    Under Armour Mens Draft Singlet Catalyst Tee SS11

both available on wiggle... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Think they're all basically the same, but I haven't tried the close-fitting types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

Pretty much all running brands have moisture wicking materials in their running tops. Adidas climacool, nike drifit, under armour heat gear, etc... personally I find under armour to be the best products, but thats just me!! the brands will differ in fitting too so that could contribute to your choice, because you want to make sure you are comfortable in the top. So best bet is to go to a store that sells technical running tops, try them on and make your choice. They all do pretty much the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

siooo88 wrote: »
    Pretty much all running brands have moisture wicking materials in their running tops. Adidas climacool, nike drifit, under armour heat gear, etc... personally I find under armour to be the best products, but thats just me!! the brands will differ in fitting too so that could contribute to your choice, because you want to make sure you are comfortable in the top. So best bet is to go to a store that sells technical running tops, try them on and make your choice. They all do pretty much the same thing.

Also, you could try compression tops to wear under your running top. Again, I would recommend Under Armour heat gear compression tops. But it depends if you like the feel of them, some do, some don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I'm a top notch sweater and any tech top with vaseline for the nipples works for me.

I use a compression top underneath in the winter but in the summer the most important thing is the colour. White is always best to reflect the sun and keep some level of control on body temp.

I bought a nike which is fine, got an adidas from last years race series which is fine and various other ones from races and honestly i've found no difference in any of them once i put vaseline on my nipples to avoid bleeding. Some are tight ( show off my lovely keg ( working on a slab and then a 6 pack ) and some are loose.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply's. I've ordered some under armour so it i'll be interested to see how that goes. I know that most of my top are wringable (sp., I can squeese the water out of them) after 3 miles, but some of them manage to last 4 or 5 miles with (on a good day!)

One of the adidas ones I find really good, I'll put up the type later. I also find vaseline a requirement, although I find bodyglide works better for the longer runs.

Will update after i try the new gear, should arrive hopefully tomorrow for the weekend, but more likely monday or tuesday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

aodhu wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply's. I've ordered some under armour so it i'll be interested to see how that goes. I know that most of my top are wringable (sp., I can squeese the water out of them) after 3 miles, but some of them manage to last 4 or 5 miles with (on a good day!)

One of the adidas ones I find really good, I'll put up the type later. I also find vaseline a requirement, although I find bodyglide works better for the longer runs.

Will update after i try the new gear, should arrive hopefully tomorrow for the weekend, but more likely monday or tuesday. :)

I've done up to 15 miles in some of mine so you can imagine the state of them after that.

I can indeed! Just signed up for the second marathon. Which is part of the reason for the thread, would love to find some top that the long training runs and the big event itself could be run in comfort!

Advertisement