Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zYxel P-660HW-TI Advanced Menu

• 07-07-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Hi im trying to get into the advanced menu on a zYxel P-660HW-TI to change the wep key but i dont seem to be able to get in with the default password of 1234 anyone know how I can get in? Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You must physically type in 1234 when logging in if you don't and you let your browser fill it you won't get access to the menus.

If you can't log in at all with 1234 it means you changed the password when you last logged in and will need to find/remember that password or do a full reset by pushing the reset button on the back in for about 15 seconds. This will wipe all settings including your provider's settings so be sure you have them on file before you do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

jjbrien wrote: »
    Hi im trying to get into the advanced menu on a zYxel P-660HW-TI to change the wep key but i dont seem to be able to get in with the default password of 1234 anyone know how I can get in? Thanks

Ur assuming that the 4 dots in the password field correspond to 1234. Delete it and type 1234 yourself, that should do the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

If you're using the Eircom Zyxel there's only a default password to gain full access to the modem, broadband1. You should be able to configure the wireless by clicking on Network > Wireless LAN > Security modem, which is located in the middle of the page.

If you keep getting a 4 dotted password appearing by itself, remove your saved passwords from the browser and try again,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ur assuming that the 4 dots in the password field correspond to 1234. Delete it and type 1234 yourself, that should do the trick

that worked perfectly thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You must physically type in 1234 when logging in if you don't and you let your browser fill it you won't get access to the menus.
    Bohrio wrote: »
    jjbrien wrote: »
    that worked perfectly thanks

What am I? Invisible?! :mad:

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

What am I? Invisible?! :mad:

:pac::pac:

nah ur not invisable i gave u a thanks at the bottom of your post :cool:

Advertisement