Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths 2012

• 07-07-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm repeating the Leaving externally in 2012 but I'm confused by seeing a syllabus for project maths and on the education.ie website. Is this a course that's being offered alongside the original maths course or is it replacing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

As I understand it, but I'm not 100% sure, Summer 2012 will have both papers.
    Last years 5th years will be the first set of students that were not part of the trial group and will do the project paper.
    As far as I know you will have the option of a paper from the previous course but for this year only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

The Project Maths syllabus is replacing the original course.

All Leaving Certificate 2012 candidates will be examined on the first phase of the Project Maths syllabus.

In LC 2012, there will be changes to Paper 2, while Paper 1 will not be changed until 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Project Maths is compulsary in 2012. It's 'Phase One' of the new course in 2012. I'm doing LC OL maths in 2012 and Paper 1 is the old course but Paper 2 is mostly Project Maths. (i.e Section 1 is area and volume (old course) but Sections 2 and 3 are Project Maths => Statistics, Probability, Co-ordinate Geometry, Geometry, Trigonometry). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 3rdman

Thanks for the replies guys. Link to the syllabus below if anyone wants a look

http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_maths_project_sy.pdf?language=EN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

the new maths is so f*cked up ! hate it
    I got an A for my junior cert maths and now i rarly mange a C...
    but I don't mind it coz i don't want to count it in my points anyway...
    i wish they would come back to do old syllabus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Plenty of people get As in the JC and cant even pass Higher level LC maths, regardless of which course it is.

Advertisement