Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel 'Best Price Guarantee' ??

Options
  • 07-07-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I am looking at booking a hotel and have found a rate on Hotels.com using a discount code for 10% (this is the code) less than what the hotel are offering. I emailed the hotel to see if they would match the rate. The girl told me that she couldn't BUT if I booked online I could submit a claim under their 'Best Price Guarantee' ploicy which says that they will match a lower available rate within 24 hours and will also give 5% extra discount on top. I just checked through their t&c before I book and this is what part of it says:

"The guarantee does not apply to non public prices, i.e., promotions and preferential rates, corporate or negotiated for companies."

Does this rule out the 10% discount code on Hotels.com does anyone know? .... Its the one on the bargain alerts board so I'm not even 100% sure where it comes from:o

Anyone know for sure??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Yes,

10% off is a promotion. If hotels.com ordinary price is lower you can claim for that difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks for that - wasn't sure where the discount code came from but I think its by e-mail only so what you say makes sense, thanks! Not sure if we will book with Hotels.com instead as they need the whole payment up front and there's 3 rooms for a week so I was hoping to just pay the deposit now as its not until December ... will see

Advertisement