Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GMIT offers for Honours

• 07-07-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Anyone know when we find out about Honours offers? I m a mature student in GMIT and got my ordinary degree. I was advised to apply for Hons in May as there may not be many mature places so I did that. I heard first round of offers are out today but when do we hear about continuing to Hons?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Anyone got any info on this? A friend of mine made an application to transfer to GMIT to get their Hons, havent heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Phew...not just me so... I also applied to do an add-on yr for my Hons, haven't heard anything yet. Rang the admissions office yesterday wk and they said they were processing them and they'd be out later in the week. Was beginning to think I didn't get the place, I'll keep my fingers crossed so! :D

I wonder, do you receive a letter if you haven't been offered a place, you'd surely have to?

I dunno. I'll let you know if we get one, will you do the same

Will definitely let you know if I get anything, here's to another day waiting for the postman! Still cant get through to the Admissions Office over there either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

I got mine last week. Back 19th.

• Advertisement

Oh right, heart just sank there. Can I ask Mayfire if you're a GMIT student coming straight from last yr? I have my ordinary degree from 6yrs ago, and from a different college. So I'm wondering if GMIT get offers first then external students?

Stabshauptmann, can you let me know if your friend is an external student, or if they receive anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

Yes, finished 3rd year in May and got my degree in June. I know some of my class had applied for 4th year before deadline at start of May but now ith the way the grant is, some have said they are not coming back so maybe GMIT are waiting for those rejections before they send out other offers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I just finished my ordinary degree this may,got my offer of a honours near the end of june,my deadline for accepting or rejecting my place was the 19th of july,so I presume they would have sent out more offers a while after this date.

JGEP wrote: »
    Oh right, heart just sank there. Can I ask Mayfire if you're a GMIT student coming straight from last yr? I have my ordinary degree from 6yrs ago, and from a different college. So I'm wondering if GMIT get offers first then external students?

Stabshauptmann, can you let me know if your friend is an external student, or if they receive anything?
    External.

The GMIT website clearly outlines the offer process, offers to existing GMIT student first, so if mayfire only got an offer last week, I'm not worried yet

Came yesterday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement