Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I was hacked

• 07-07-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

A few nights ago, I was on my home desktop surfing forums and one post had a link to a site with free books, so I clicked the link. Only after I clicked I realised it was a deep web link (as the address was unusual) and quickly exited it before the page loaded.

Then after a few minutes, my pc got a blue screen and my home pc automatically restarted with the antivirus (Avast) disabled when it turned back on. Im afraid all my private documents on the pc were accessed.

Just wondering what you think I should do now?
    Im typing this on my laptop connected to the same router, is this laptop secure or insecure because its connected to the internet via the same router (ie is it possible for a hacker to see what im typing/passwords/usernames??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Just because your PC crashed it doesnt mean your PC wasnt hacked. Follow the steps on the stick at the top of this forum to make sure your PC is clean.

But it never crashed before and happened so soon after I clicked the dodgey link... thats why Im suspicious.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Getting yourself infected and getting hacked are two completely different things. Get your PC into safe mode and run a full scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware. Reboot and see how your PC performs after it.

Will do. Have you heard about the invisible/deep web though? THats why I started this thread after reading about it a while ago.

How do I run a Malwarebytes scan in safe mode?

Also I dont think that would find any faults if it was done by a skilled/knowledgeable computer geek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Will do. Have you heard about the invisible/deep web though? THats why I started this thread after reading about it a while ago.

How do I run a Malwarebytes scan in safe mode?

Also I dont think that would find any faults if it was done by a skilled/knowledgeable computer geek

Your shagged so, us Nerds are'nt knowlegeable enough to help! :rolleyes:

Read this

21/25

I think this is the link I clicked.

removed

What happens if ye click it?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

The deep web, also known as the invicible web is not a dangerous place, you have it all wrong.

Its basically(in short) the parts of the web that google spiders and other search engine bots cannot reach, almost like they run into a dead end and go another route.

Another name, the dark web is around ten times bigger then the web you usually search on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement