Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens in August/September ?

• 07-07-2011 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello everybody,
    I am slightly worried about what happens once you get the results and the choices of the cao.
    When do you have to go to the university you applied for in order to pay for the course you are going to start ?
    Is there anything I need to do now ? :confused::confused:

I am French but I sat my leaving cert in Ireland and spend 5th year + 6th year in Ireland also. I am now in France for july and august but I dont know when I need to come back in order to get ready for college :/
    I hope my question isnt too silly..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

It all depends on which university you go to.

That is all down to what offer you accept, you will get as many as you have qualified for.

You get your results mid-August and offers the week after (starting 22nd August I think it is this year).

What are you hoping to be accepted to? Maybe check the website for whatever college is your #1 choice and see the important dates.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You'll need your PIN and exam number if you want to view your LC results from France, otherwise you need to go in person to your school.

You should be in Ireland for the day CAO offers are released, even though you can view them online. It may make things easier if there are complications. After you've accepted an offer mail will start to arrive from your college a few days later telling you about orientation/registration fees etc. You'll definitely want to be in Ireland or have somebody to open those letters for you. My college starts 1st years around Sept 1, but others would be much later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

Thank you guys for your answers.
    Well my three first choices are in UL.
    I've been living in a host family for the last two years in Ireland so they will get my mail for me !
    I have my pin in order to be able to get my results online.
    So I need to register in Limerick between the august, 22nd and September 1st is it ? (If I'm accepted there obviously)

You probably won't be due in Limerick until September at the earliest, but you'll have registration fees to sort out before then. Have you organised accommodation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

You probably won't be due in Limerick until September at the earliest, but you'll have registration fees to sort out before then. Have you organised accommodation?

I booked my accomodation in January so it should be ok !
    When do you think my registration fees will have to be paid ? Would that be after August 22nd ? :)

• Advertisement

It's different in different colleges. I know in some colleges it's all paid online using a credit card, but in others you need to pay it by bank giro, and bring the giro receipt with you to registration during orientation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Also, if you are eligible you need to apply (before the end of August) for the student grant from the Irish government, or see what's available from the French government.

If I were you I would try and get back to Ireland the week of the CAO offers, not fully necessary but just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Thank you guys for your answers.
    Well my three first choices are in UL.
    I've been living in a host family for the last two years in Ireland so they will get my mail for me !
    I have my pin in order to be able to get my results online.
    So I need to register in Limerick between the august, 22nd and September 1st is it ? (If I'm accepted there obviously)

1st year orientation in UL starts on 30th August- so you will need to be at UL that week.

If you accept your UL offer in the CAO, UL will send you information in the post including a bank giro to pay your registration fee or information to pay it online. You need to have it paid for the orientation day or else you might not be allowed to enrol.

Advertisement