Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Road, East Wall

Options
  • 07-07-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of info on this area as I might be moving there. Not worried about crime or anything like that I've lived in Dublin all me life. More just looking to find out about stuff like local shops, pubs, busses, parking and anything along those lines.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Best to go out there and have a look yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

bassey wrote: »
    Just looking for a bit of info on this area as I might be moving there. Not worried about crime or anything like that I've lived in Dublin all me life. More just looking to find out about stuff like local shops, pubs, busses, parking and anything along those lines.

Thanks

There is a couple of local shops and a supermarket on the road, the nearest pub is the seabank house on east rd it has a good local crowd and also does a great sunday dinner, local busses going to town would be the 53 and 151 also it's only a 15 minute walk to the luas and 20 minute to the clontarf dart...

Cannot help you on the parking thing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Would Connolly Dart not be closer than Clontarf?

and the Point for Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Des wrote: »
    Would Connolly Dart not be closer than Clontarf?

and the Point for Luas.

You could be correct there...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Word is that Aldi will be going into the old Cahill's Printers site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's actually across the road Spurious, on the Tucks Fasteners site. The planning has been back up for a while, I called them and although they were vague, looks like they are at the last stages of planning.

The street has a really good butcher, a chemist, a couple of grocery shops and a chipper and a few commercial ventures. It's had it's problems with youths going off the rails, I don't know what that situation is like now. A lot of the houses have converted their gardens to accommodate their cars. Not the worst area in the world at all. I'd get to know the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

The Tucks Fasteners site has been cleared of all vegetation now, looks like things might be going ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shanghaisinead

There is enough on the street to get the essentials - butcher, dry cleaner, shops, chipper, post office. The Seabank (pub/off license) is the local, great staff and good craic. Spencer Dock is nearest luas stop (7-10 min walk) and I think Connolly is closer than Clontarf dart station. Some of the local youth can be annoying, best avoided to be honest, but the majority of the people are great and worth making the effort to get to know so you have friendly and helpful neighbours.

Advertisement