Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tumbleweeds, crickets.... also boards trip :/

• 07-07-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, things are quiet here on the forum.

So,
    • I propose a discussion.
    • Who would like to go to a big esports event or something like blizzcon as a group, like in say 6 or 7 months.
    • More importantly, who would like to organise it >.<

Discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ill gladly organise it, but I cant go on any trip until may 2012 :/

college.....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Me and a bunch of mates are going to winter dreamhack, but it's me and a bunch of mates. Would be lovely to see you guys there but I don't necessarily want to invite you all. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

If any of ye are going to blizzcon in October ill see you there :) heading over with a few mates,

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Xios wrote: »
    things are quiet here on the forum.

i discovered sc2 reddit, thats my excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

i discovered sc2 reddit, thats my excuse

I lurk there too, but still, bring it home to the irish :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Not sure why it's gone so quiet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Part of the problem I find with SC2 hubs is that they're not always clear who they're meant for; whether it's a cry for help, or suggestion of some advice, it's hard to know exactly what level it's aimed at. As a mere Gold'y, I don't feel inclined to post help / advice because I don't know who the audience is. *shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

this forum is open for anyone and everything related to sc2. i know it gets quite at times, but i reckon its due to most of the convo taking place on the sc2 room on irc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

this forum is open for anyone and everything related to sc2. i know it gets quite at times, but i reckon its due to most of the convo taking place on the sc2 room on irc
    Yeah, and that's just full of tourney talk from what I see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

And raging homosexuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭VikingErik

pixelburp wrote: »
    Part of the problem I find with SC2 hubs is that they're not always clear who they're meant for; whether it's a cry for help, or suggestion of some advice, it's hard to know exactly what level it's aimed at. As a mere Gold'y, I don't feel inclined to post help / advice because I don't know who the audience is. *shrug*

You'll find that I posted lots of opinionated advice back when I had more time to be on here. And that was mostly just based on me watching loads of replays, so I don't think you should feel bad about giving advice as a goldy. Often it's nicer to hear advice from someone closer to your own level as it's likely those lower level players aren't about to spend their entire days learning build orders and perfect timings, etc. I feel like I can give relevant enough advice to help a low bronze player get into silver. And sometimes higher level players are higher for the wrong reason. For example if they perfected a single build but are unable to adapt to changes during the course of a game.

This isn't teamliquid where everyone is in Masters League or higher. We're a smaller community on here so it's better to provide some advice quickly than let someone wait around for over a week before getting some useful advice.

I could go on, but I think I've gotten my point across. We all have some valuable knowledge that can be shared.

Advertisement