Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save the Right of Way to Fenit Island Castle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

There was no problem walking around the island during the Protest walk was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

Hey Williams667

As you have not replied with since making your allegation, I presume everyone here can take it that the railway line IS indeed public land.
    ... and that the railway line is NOT public land.

Anyone know if there was resolution on the Fenit island walkway ?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've walked all the line from Fenit to Tralee over the course of the summer and would advise everyone else with an interest in it to do so too now; rather than wait for goodness knows how long it takes KCC and IE to sort the nonsense out. It's overgrown and boggy in places so you'd need to dress accordingly but it's certainly well worth the effort.

Only after walking it does one realise just how amazing an amenity for all the people of Fenit, Spa and Tralee a fully developed walk/cycleway would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I haven't walked it in year, must take a stroll someday.

there are some old photos on the T&F blog they might bring back some memories.

Fenit11.jpg?et=3WIPYFTo4TVBfXRoslbE5w&nmid=139026051

Quackster wrote: »
    I've walked all the line from Fenit to Tralee over the course of the summer and would advise everyone else with an interest in it to do so too now; rather than wait for goodness knows how long it takes KCC and IE to sort the nonsense out. It's overgrown and boggy in places so you'd need to dress accordingly but it's certainly well worth the effort.

Only after walking it does one realise just how amazing an amenity for all the people of Fenit, Spa and Tralee a fully developed walk/cycleway would be.

According to the Kerryman the Fenit Island dispute has been settled.

• Advertisement

hey @Williams667,

the nickname 'FAMOUS' is already taken :)

http://gregcfuzion.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/credit-control-warrior/
    ... that pr1ck Famous does not live in Fenit, Tralee or even Kerry.

Advertisement