Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC can't find my address

• 07-07-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I've just moved into a new apartment, and am trying to subscribe to UPC broadband. There's already a line in (getting the basic 17 analogue) and there's a digibox (with deactivated card). There's also one of those isolating taps connected on the line between the wall and digibox, like this:
    30-DCM30-2.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that means there was once a modem there?

The address is on the corner of Fenian Street/Upper Erne Street/Boyne Street. None of these streets have broadband in any other house numbers, but this is a more modern apartment block so I'm semi-hopeful? Flats on the opposite side of the road on Upper Erne Street have broadband. Do they only update one side of a street at a time?

What can I do here? Does it look like I can get broadband? How can I get UPC to know who I am! I've offered the serial number of the digibox and card that's currently installed, but apparently that's no use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gar89

Hey Snappie. I'm Just moving into the same area today and have found that I have the same problem. Did you have any luck with it? I was told it wouldn't be available until June 2013!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

If UPC says broadband is unavailable then that is the way it is. They might say it is coming but you will never know for sure until the day it's connected. Part of the reason they sometimes give a date is to stop you leaving them and getting another provider.

The tap above is just for connecting a digital box and an analogue TV at the same time. It is nothing to do with broadband.

In many areas UPC do not offer broadband and may never.

Advertisement