Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Player/Drive

Options
  • 07-07-2011 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Hoping to invest in a external hard drive with built in media player, offers come and go and was wondering if anyone has seen any good deal recently, looked in harvey normans yesterday and there prices appear to have increased, looking for at last a 1TB for around the €100 mark. Would I be better off investing in a 2TB external hard drive and a seperate media player.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

tvercetti wrote: »
    Hoping to invest in a external hard drive with built in media player, offers come and go and was wondering if anyone has seen any good deal recently, looked in harvey normans yesterday and there prices appear to have increased, looking for at last a 1TB for around the €100 mark. Would I be better off investing in a 2TB external hard drive and a seperate media player.

Personally I think the 2tb A.C.Ryan play-on HD komplett.ie are doing for around €180 is the best bargain in the media player world. Other than that, keep checking ibood.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Heres mine if you're interested http://www.adverts.ie/678482

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

I'm also looking for an external hard drive either with a built in media player or a seperate one, are there any good deals out there on them? theres too much choice, i cant decide or know which is best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

I've been looking at these two(ex HDD), still not totally decided... both require a bit of tech-confidence ;)

stg£50 : Patriot PCMPBO25 Box Office (Amazon)

stg£29 + 5.95P&P : Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+ (7DayShop) [nb Amazon info here]

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

If all you want is the media player and network connection, etc. is not required then I'd recommend Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2.

I've been using one for the past 4 months or so and it's handled everything I've thrown at it bar one mkv that also wouldn't run on vlc. Other than that it has issues sometimes identifying multiple embedded audio streams and only recognises the default one, happened on 2 files so far. It can be a bit finnecky because of the remote but I'd definitely recommend it overall.

I just bought another one for family which is slightly updated in that it now has a digital audio output for 5.1 sound.

Only thing to ensure is that you are buying the 'Micro 2' version of the player or you won't have support for MKV. The newest version is called Cyclone Micro2+ and I got it for €37 on ebay (envizage2000), the 'plain' Micro 2 and the 2+ are available on Amazon for a similar price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement