Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its all a bit much to be taking in...

• 07-07-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

After the LAN I have been hitting SC2 hard! Now I feel burnt out. Do any of ye take breaks? What's the best way of taking in loads of new information and making it applicable?

Probably will try to take a break tomorrow...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Do any of ye take breaks? What's the best way of taking in loads of new information and making it applicable?

I just keep my bonus pool down. Not even that at the minute. So, I win an average of a game or two a day, so I take plenty of breaks. ;)

As for taking in lots of info in a useful manner, it's better to work on small areas and focus until you reach the desired standard. Because starcraft is so complex this can be hard, but simply saying

"This game/week/month I focus on scouting regularly"
    "This game/week/month I will keep up constant worker production"
    "This game/week/month I will only 1raxFE in every matchup"

Remember, Bruce Lee fears the man who has practiced one kick ten thousand times. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭saini

I find taking a break every game or second game just to take a walk around the house mayb get a drink every 1/2 games when I am on ladder or at the very least after a loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Before I moved I didn't take breaks from playing at all. Instead of constantly laddering, however, I did other things SC2 related like watch VoDs, streams, replays etc. Prevented me from being burnt out from constantly playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

play til you get bored or are overcome by rage, then take a break, then play more :p
    seriously,play whenever you want, you will pick it up in your own time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 CluEleSs!?

Yeah basically what these guys have said. Practise one thing per game/session! I mean, some days I have 10hour ladder sessions, and by the end you just want to kill yourself.

I think good music to listen to, funny people on skype and an aim for each session really helps. Frankly, for lower levels, playing long sessions will help get all your mechanics and stuff to be completely ingrained - after 10hours you can't be thinking about what the hotkey for drone is! haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement