Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company gone i have a voucher with has gone into liquidation..

Options
  • 07-07-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

This is what they have said to me..

Unfortunately, as the company is in liquidation, it is no longer able to honour any vouchers issued.
    Nor will there be any funds available in the liquidated company to refund monies paid on vouchers.

If the purchase was made by credit card, and you wish to register a claim, please supply details of credit card holder, the amount claimed along with the relevant voucher number(s).
    If we receive the relevant details we can supply a letter confirming your claim, which you can then forward to the credit card company for a refund.

I paid with my laser card and not a credit card,can i still make a claim?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

nope - you will just have to suck it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

I find it hard to believe that you can claim if you used a CC , but cannot claim if you paid by Laser.

Nor will there be any funds available in the liquidated company to refund monies paid on vouchers.

If this is true , why is there money available to refund through CC and no money to refund by Laser .

You should pursue your claim vigorously until you receive a refund .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I find it hard to believe that you can claim if you used a CC , but cannot claim if you paid by Laser.

If this is true , why is there money available to refund through CC and no money to refund by Laser .

You should pursue your claim vigorously until you receive a refund .

because its the credit card company that pays its back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Credit cards have insurance, Laser cards do not.
    You should pursue your claim vigorously until you receive a refund

Complete waste of time and effort.

Vouchers should always be spent immediately, and you should remember that you have no consumer rights around them. They are essentially a very bad idea for the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Ok thanks guys i kinda guessed i didnt have a chance..

1 voucher to drive a Ferrari and a Lambo gone down the drain,this country sucks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement