Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great service, being able to 'talk to ESB Electric Ireland' on here

Options
  • 07-07-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Seriously, it's a good service, and I'm grateful that my query was dealt with in a very human fashion.

Thanks David from ESB Electric Ireland, and thanks to boards.ie - once again providing answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi gerbilgranny,

Very kind of you to post this thread especially - you've gone well beyond the extra mile here! :)
    and thanks to boards.ie - once again providing answers!

Yep, it's a great community alright, and we're delighted to be a part of it.

Thanks again,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I always find they stick very closely to this:
    ESB Electric Ireland is committed to offering you a quality service, and we adhere to the following commitments:
    We will treat you with courtesy and respect as we ourselves would wish to be treated
    We will try and understand what your needs are by carefully listening to what you have to say
    We will act on our commitment as quickly as possible

Very well trained staff and always very courteous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 family mum

Hi Would like to switch back to the ESB after 2 years with Bord Gais, but having heard that they will be increasing their prices that relationship is coming to an end! However, I know that I need to have my MPRN number in order to sign up. I do not have a bill with the number on because I always distroy after paying. Is there anyway I can get this information outside of having a bill, do the supply company's give out this info?

Hi family mum,

If you PM me whatever details you do have, we can take it from there. Worst case scenario, I can locate the MPRN if you have your meter serial number (if you're not sure where this is located, see here).

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 family mum

Hi David

Did you have any luck yesterday in locating our details? I sent you a PM with address etc.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi family mum,

David is actually not in the office today, but will be here from 9am tomorrow. If you do not want to wait until then though, I could have a look at the query for you?

Regards :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi,

I never switched, and have always been on D/D, with ESB.

I heard on radio that I have to contact you directly to avail of current discounts.

This can't be right.

Any clarifications, thanks

Hi martinn123,

It is correct that you would be required to contact ESB Electric Ireland in order to avail of the discounts - reason being: the system is unable to automatically apply them due to all of the variables, i.e. the actual price plans themselves, the requirements for discounts.
    Because it is a new system, the terms and conditions need to be agreed to also.

Regards,
    Una

Hi martinn123,

It is correct that you would be required to contact ESB Electric Ireland in order to avail of the discounts - reason being: the system is unable to automatically apply them due to all of the variables, i.e. the actual price plans themselves, the requirements for discounts.
    Because it is a new system, the terms and conditions need to be agreed to also.

Regards,
    Una

Thanks Una,

however, as ESB have access to all my details, usage, Bank, mobile, etc. I would have thought that they might contact me.

I did get one call, thanking me for not switching, and being a loyal customer. I think they offered me a discount on Sky, which I already have, but not on my ESB
    seems a bit odd.

anyway whats the number
    thanks

The number is 1850 30 50 90 :)

• Advertisement

family mum wrote: »
    Hi David

Did you have any luck yesterday in locating our details? I sent you a PM with address etc.

Cheers

Hi family mum,

I'm back in the office this morning, and have sent you on the MPRN via PM. If there's anything else you need help with just let me know.

Thanks, :)

David.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I never switched, and have always been on D/D, with ESB.

I heard on radio that I have to contact you directly to avail of current discounts.

This can't be right.

Any clarifications, thanks

What a great service from ESB, on Boards.

Following my posts, I was contacted by PM, sent my details, and got a whopping 12% discount on my bill.:D

A further 2% is available if you go paperless billing.

They even back-dated it to the start of my current billing period.:)

So get your Discounts......from ESB on Boards:cool:

Well done.

You're very welcome martinn123! :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Aye.... ESB are using Boards Talk-To in a way that every large national company should be forced to learn from. Well done and we're glad to have you guys and gals on board(s).

DeV.

Advertisement