Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Nutrition in UCC

Options
  • 07-07-2011 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am in a bit of a dilema. After graduating from UL in 2010 with a 2.1 honours degree in Food Science and Health I found myself unemployed. That period of 7months made me think about what I wanted to do in the long run so I started applying for masters as to keep the brain active and not go completely insane. I have now been offered two masters in UCC, one in Food Microbiology and the other one is in Nutritional Science. I am so delighted that I was offered a place in either but now that I have to choose i don't know which path to take. I have always loved nutrition and I have loads of books about the topic and I am really interested in it and I know if I choose that one I would enjoy it but I don't want to be stupid and have zero job opportunities at the end of it. Does anyone have any idea what career path I could down if I accept the Nutrition masters without having to do further study as I don't want to become a Dietetian. After the masters would I be able to work in Research and development in a food company or for a sports team?? The Food Microbiology masters seems to be the wiser option to choose as there are more job oppourtunities but at the moment I am working in a microbiology lab and I don't fancy paying over 5000 to do a masters that would enable me to do the same job I am currently doing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    :eek::confused::confused:

Advertisement