Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I ...

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

How the **** do i post a topic on this site?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What do you mean? You just asked a question successfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Corn Flake

I want to post a topic but i don't know where the link for starting a new topic is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Then how did you start this one without finding it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Read answer number 3 in this thread, and then come back to me in here if you're still stuck ok?

I don't know, i just commented on the first topic i saw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you perhaps confusing confusing threads with forums when you refer to a topic? As you didn't comment on a pre-existing thread and did start a new one.

Go to the Motors forum.

See the "new thread" button? It looks like this: newthread.gif

Click it.

Tell us all what your dream car is, and then click "Submit New Thread".

That's how you start a new thread.

Do the same for any forum that interests you, or if you see threads that already exist, and you want to get involved, just click on the "Post Reply" button. It looks like this: reply.gif

Easy enough?

Well, Post i mean as in asking a question...

Let's start from scratch then.

What kind of question do you have? What is it about?

300g Fish tank and where to find one in Dublin. Ha Ha Ha.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.

We have a forum for that. It's called the Aquariums/ Terrariums / Vivariums forum and it can be found here.

Once you click in, start a new thread by clicking the "New Thread" button, type in what you're looking for, submit the thread, and wait for people to reply like you did here.

Sound easy enough?

But still, I need to know for the future so i can come here regularly.

Oh well, thanks.

If you haven't already, make sure you read this thread. It's probably the one you need most at the minute.

@Shield No, i have done it. Thanks again, just out of curiosity, why is your name tag thick and has a deep blue color to it?

Because I'm a moderator of this forum, and others. Look under my name to see a list of the forums I moderate.

I see. 'Garda Reserve' LOL.

Yup. I moderate that forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ms. History

Hey,

I just saw these posts and I am new to this and cant seem to find the start new thread button that you talked of.

Maybe you can help with my question, I'm a history and SPHE teacher so needless to say employment looks unlikey at the moment I wanted to know that if I done a distance BA English Degree from London University would the Teaching Council recognise it. I dont want to pay all that money and spend all that time and then not have it recognised?

Any feedback about how to start a new thread or in response to the question would be great. I should also say that I went to the FAQs and it said that its on the top left of the screen under the boards.ie logo but on my screen it just says post reply.

Any feedback about how to start a new thread or in response to the question would be great.

Some info on what's stopping you finding the button would help first. Where are you looking for it? What's different from the screenshots? Post a screenshot of what you see.

• Advertisement

I should also say that I went to the FAQs and it said that its on the top left of the screen under the boards.ie logo but on my screen it just says post reply.

You're viewing a thread, not a forum, you can't start a new thread within a pre-existing thread. If you view at a forum level you'll see the button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 knealeden

I can't even see my post here i dont know what is wrong it says im already registered but yet i can't get through in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 knealeden

Hi, Can anyone help me here on how to get a cheap flight to the Philippines?

knealeden wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone help me here on how to get a cheap flight to the Philippines?

Your posts are appearing just fine. You should ask in the Travel section:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

otherwise attempting to hijack threads is frowned upon.

Agree with Spear.

Thread closed to prevent from happening again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement