Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom upgraded me..

• 07-07-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Right i had a search and i didnt find anything relating to my question so i applogize if this has been asked/said before or whatever

anyway

i used to be on 1 or 2 meg broadband (not sure of the exact speed) with eircom about 2 years ago ..then randomly with no extra cost they upgraded me to 3 meg broadband .. i never asked

now 3 days ago iv been upgraded to 5 meg broadband.. i once again never asked
    THIS time i dont know if its with an extra cost. I havent got the bill yet

has anyone come across such a situation?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Was on 3Mb about 12 months ago, then got bumped to 7, then to 12Mb at no extra cost and not subject to any traffic rules on the new NGB service.

It's the business. Uncontended 12Mb service with no traffic limits and a letter saying I never will if I stay put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

you got a letter? .. i didnt get no stinkin letter! i want a letter! lol

why do you think they did this???.. because of UPC?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not sure. I'm in Dundalk like - Eircom are one of the few options. UPC aren't around yet.

Though eNet were in laying fibre over the last few months. As far as I know they are UPC's fibre contractors so you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Its just a simple upgrade of services across the board. Eg:

Basic is 1MB, costs X
    Average is 2MB, costs Y
    High End is 3MB, costs Z

But then they upgrade, so:

Basic is 3MB, but still costs X
    Average is 4MB, but still costs Y
    High End is 5MB, but still costs Z

Obviously these stats are just examples. I was on 8MB Advanced, and got upgraded to 24MB for free. I was on the highest package, and so got upgraded to the new highest package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Not sure. I'm in Dundalk like - Eircom are one of the few options. UPC aren't around yet.

Though eNet were in laying fibre over the last few months. As far as I know they are UPC's fibre contractors so you never know.
    eNet have nothing to do with UPC except they might resell their own fibre to UPC among the many other operators that would use eNet's fibre. They are definitely not UPC's contractors at least. The likes of Sierra communications and KN network services would be the contractors that UPC use.

I wish I could say otherwise but UPC's cable isn't in Ireland's two largest towns and won't be for another year or so at the very minimum. They're still running around trying to replace their shoddy network in various parts of Dublin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement