Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing old posts

Options
  • 07-07-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Don't really use my account any more but it always bothers me that I have personal info (email address, phone number etc) hanging around among all the brainless posts I used to make on here.
    If I just want to edit some old, old (uneditable) posts only to take out a phone number etc, what are my chances of being allowed do that?
    Is it just the usual case of having to PM the mod of the relevant forum and ask for the favour?

I presume it's even less likely that anything can be done about this, but, there's even a post or two made by another user (not me) that contains my info (phone no., email)... Any potential fix there?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Posts can only be edited up to 48 hours after posting. After that you'll need a mod to remove them. There's no way to restore editing rights afterwards.

As a long-standing, general rule we don't do mass deletes of posts.

However having personal info present is a valid reason for removal, so just report them and a mod will remove them. Be sure to mention any that quote the info too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Ah, grand, cheers.

If there's a few posts spread across different forums do I have to contact each of those mods separately or is there any one person above all the forums I should get on to about all the posts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No single person, but if you report the posts it'll automatically notify the needed mods in each case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement