Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roisin Dubh v Monroes?

Options
  • 07-07-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

A few days ago, I noticed that the Roisin Dubh was getting a multi-coloured paint job. The following day, I was surprised to see that near neigbours/rivals Monroes was getting a similar multi coloured paint job.

Today, Monroes was back to it's usual white wall whereas the Roisin was all psychedelic.

What happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Psychedelic Roisin. That sounds so very wrong.
    I hope its a temporary arts festival thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Psychedelic Roisin. That sounds so very wrong.
    I hope its a temporary arts festival thing.
    Would hope so too cos it looks ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭squonk

I was in the Roisin for a gig the other evening and noticed the paint job too. The thing is I saw pics of Monroe's on their FB page a few days earlier with somebody busy giving them a fancy paint job, but it was back to normal Wednsday night. Strange!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I believe that the Roisin re-painting has to do with Absolut's sponsorship of the Arts Festival and is just a temporary thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭squonk

Robbo wrote: »
    I believe that the Roisin re-painting has to do with Absolut's sponsorship of the Arts Festival and is just a temporary thing.

Yeah, that's right but Monroe's said on the FB page that they were getting a temporary makeover from Absolut for the Arts Festival with a few pics underneath of the guy repainting. I'd love to know what happened here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

I thought roisin's was trying to compete with the bar up the road... ye know the one!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

This one?
    savage_eye_2009_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Not into it... If intention was for the building to stand out a mile, then it has worked. IMO its a bit like Taffees (opposite Garavans) but with less artistic merit.
    Anyone know how to upload pic from phone to boards?

Advertisement