Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between Forum and Hosted Forum?

Options
  • 08-07-2011 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

I had a look at your excellent Top 10 FAQ and in the section explaining forum I didn't see any mention of Hosted forum, so whats the difference between them and the regular ones? Are they archives? I had a look at a couple and they seem to have 5 posts a year.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

They would be for the likes of institutions who don't want the bother of having to set up their own forum, so boards will allow them space on their servers to have their own private forum. A good example is Scouting & Guiding under Recreation. They probably wouldn't have the time or expertise or money to fund a discussion forum, so boards allows them to have one, hosted on their servers.

The regular forums are for the boards.ie masses to consume and enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Shield wrote: »
    They would be for the likes of institutions who don't want the bother of having to set up their own forum, so boards will allow them space on their servers to have their own private forum. A good example is Scouting & Guiding under Recreation. They probably wouldn't have the time or expertise or money to fund a discussion forum, so boards allows them to have one, hosted on their servers.

The regular forums are for the boards.ie masses to consume and enjoy.

I can understand the instituations but Babylon 5 surely should be on Arts under Sci-fi and Fantasy and Bouncy Castles surely should be Adds and Biz?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

They're not. What more can I say?

Hosted forums are explained in a bit more information here.

I believe that answers your question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Shield wrote: »
    They're not. What more can I say?

Hosted forums are explained in a bit more information here.

I believe that answers your question?

I suppose it does, close thread. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement