Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental Health - Do I need help?

Options
  • 08-07-2011 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, it's now 3.00 in the morning and I can't sleep! I thought maybe if I get things off my chest it might help! After all, a problem shared is a problem halved? :/

Basically I'm just wondering...... I think I used to have an eating problem in the past, I wouldn't say I was a full on bulimic but I did occasionally make myself sick, initially to lose weight, but then just to deal with strong emotions I think. It didn't last long but still, I've told no one. Its been ages since I've done it and I don't get the urge to do it anymore so I think I'm over it!? Or am I?? :confused: Is that possible ?

Now I'm not into the whole self-diagnosing thing, but I was researching depression and I think I may have suffered from some form of that for a while... I used to cry so much, I remember one day having a complete melt down in my room, shouting at myself that I was useless and worthless, feeling incredibly alone..

Now however, its odd because I just don't feel anything anymore. I'm neither happy nor sad? I don't really care about things as much?

I don't think there's anything wrong with me now, but is there a chance that in the future it could happen again? Is there any point in seeking help or advice now? Or do you think the worst is over? I'm 16 and its difficult to talk about this kind of thing, so I would rather not do so unless I absolutely have to!

Thank you so much for reading (and sorry for all the questions!) :) x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Feelings pf apathy could be a symptom of depression but Im afraid we cannot give diagnosis here.Go and have a chat with your GP or another professional.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement