Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best site for downloads

Options
  • 08-07-2011 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, I hope someone can point me in the direction of a good site which would allow me to download singles & albums.

Preferably pretty foolproof, legal (of course ;)), which would allow me to search by artist, song title, genere etc. The music would have to be able to be put onto an mp3 player, not just left on the pc.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If it's free music rather than chart stuff you're after then check out Jamendo. It's the best site of its kind that I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thank you - I was also hoping for somewhere I can search and buy singles. Does i-tunes work on anything but an i-pod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I believe you can buy mp3s now on iTunes. Otherwise have a look at amazon for downloads, emusic.com if you're into indie stuff.

Rhapsody, Napster, and I believe eircom, all have MP3 music stores of varying quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

hmmm - having a bit of trouble. I-tunes mentions playing on i-pod etc, nothing about mp3 player, napster seems to only have subscriptions and amazon have a banner saying that only uk customers can buy the mp3's.

:( I know I know I'm being a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

you can download on itunes and convert to mp3 and play on anything.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156584/convert_your_itunes_purchases_to_mp3s.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Isohunt is a good site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Check out 7digital

http://ie.7digital.com/

Advertisement