Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In-calf heifers off to Kazakhstan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

yup , have to be over 400kg afaik.... there is a roaring trade for pedigree angus heifers at the minute also for angus bulls :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

What happened to buyer collects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

whelan1 wrote: »
    there is a roaring trade for pedigree angus heifers at the minute also for angus bulls :D

This will be good for them so. It will take the worst cattle out of the system and out of the pedigree sales and hopefully bring up the prices.

Angus bull prices were poor enough at the few sales that I attended in Spring. There was just too many of them!

What happened to buyer collects?

Sure it wouldn't be worth Hubert maxwell's time going around from farm to farm collecting 2 and 3 heifers at a time. I'm sure he'd collect a full load if you had them.

reilig wrote: »
    This will be good for them so. It will take the worst cattle out of the system and out of the pedigree sales and hopefully bring up the prices.

Angus bull prices were poor enough at the few sales that I attended in Spring. There was just too many of them!
    at the minute we are getting 2 or 3 calls a week looking for angus bulls , all ours are gone months ago , from talking to other breeders all theirs are gone too, have 3 that are not fit for selling yet....

• Advertisement

might be a bit far to go to see how your heifers are getting on:D

whelan1 wrote: »
    at the minute we are getting 2 or 3 calls a week looking for angus bulls , all ours are gone months ago , from talking to other breeders all theirs are gone too, have 3 that are not fit for selling yet....

Yea, a lot of guys got into heifers this year to increase cow numbers. They choose to buy angus and limousin bulls. Prices for both rose very well in late spring (Of course that was after I had mine sold :mad: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Borat must be getting into farming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

borat_great_success-450x337.jpg

beat be to it pakalasa!

Who the fcuk is this borat? Then again who the fcuk cares :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

He's the guy from Kazakhstan that's buying up all the heifers in the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

have a few to go 2 year old 550 kg roughly but not incalf but could be by next three weeks with papers have enough replacements got a call from local dealer wants them for scotland ...but have to be incalf again ....whats the real story

they have to be 2 months in calf afaik, wiggy 123 was talking to the dealer, he might be on here later.... there are loads of questions like is there specific bulls you have to use, also even though you have the animal in calf doesnt mean they will take the animal , which means you could be left with it

jerdee wrote: »
    have a few to go 2 year old 550 kg roughly but not incalf but could be by next three weeks with papers have enough replacements got a call from local dealer wants them for scotland ...but have to be incalf again ....whats the real story
    put them on done deal , are the pb angus?

i had them up on donedeal for three weeks one call from a breeder

good breeding off rawburn transformer stock bull
    now have nankang nord stock bull unrelated

what price i wonder are they offering as heard flat rate of 1000

worth that nearly to kill:)

1100 scanned in calf is what he is offering - tbh can get more , we sold to a fella that was building up his herd bought some that where under a year the oldest was around 16 months... did you try the journal, we didnt advertise at all , this lad came to us;) would be a pity to factory them

i know after all the effort to get the breeding /milk into line o well

at least its not like last year i called to see my local exporter to buy wrap and he had 46 two year old pbr angus from a local builder/hobby angus breeder who now has a bb with all his cows tg for small time breeders like me as his bulls were flooding the market.offered any heifer i wanted from bunch for 900 as they were all heading to uk for slaughter..declined as wallet was spent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

reilig wrote: »
    Sure it wouldn't be worth Hubert maxwell's time going around from farm to farm collecting 2 and 3 heifers at a time. I'm sure he'd collect a full load if you had them.

Ha! I've seen many many posts from Derek on Facebook about Angus' and Herefords, was wondering what the hell he was on about until this thread.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Who the fcuk is this borat? Then again who the fcuk cares :rolleyes:

should be coming to a cinema near you ( in cavan ) sometime soon , rest of us saw it five year ago :D

have you not got a mankini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

offering €1100... for them--minumiun 2 month incalf to an angus bull.and minumum weigh 400kg..shipment going in september-load going this month..its full--s o maxwell fella was saying!
    also be a member of irish angus...ie through them+maxwell
    think they will take 800 in total..could b a on going thing-if successfull--fills load this year!
    that to be clean ie tb/br...and bvd vcinated..they pay €20 for that!
    you deliever them to yard-where there scanned and u get paid

think struggling at mo--not many heifers about..great market for wild heifers or below standard ones

i had 3.. was planning on doing the above.. advertised on donedeal--got a few calls+a buyer for them..more money than above+less hazzle..
    is a market out there for them...
    as for angus bulls.. are selling by the dozen.. men relizing.how good they are in terms of calving ease+comfort for cow, etc...
    easy to work with angus

irishh_bob wrote: »
    should be coming to a cinema near you ( in cavan ) sometime soon , rest of us saw it five year ago :D
    Maybe it's because the rest of ye would watch any type of crap which doesn't come up to our standard here in Cavan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭capslock88

we sent a few hereford heifers this week...i think its great news for breeders anyway...gives a decent market for average heifers, makes pedigree hfrs scarce and increases their value and also should increase the quality of the incalf hfrs left in the national herd...maxwell saw most of the heifers on this consignment back in april...specified middle-of-the-road type heifer...excluding bottom 10-15%....incalf to a pedigree reg bull (the quality of which wasn't important but he had to be DNA tested) id say if they were any way decent he'd take them but it'd be 1000 for the plainer one and 1100 for the better one...id say the majority were 2yr old...also i think less then the 2months incalf would do...something like 4-5weeks would be min though...

someone said he was struggling for numbers...id say this is cos the timescale to get them in calf was very tight, especially if the heifers were just 14/15mths which is type of hfr alot of people would have...and id say lads saw the bit of work involved with the ibr/bvd vacccinations, bruc test and bulling them for a price not too much over the factory for a 2yr old heifer and said no thanks....
    even with this i think maxwell and the market should be supported by breeders...he seemed impressive to deal with anyway and fully committed to it...i hope lads will get behind the next shipment and ensure it continues...

Ya, these exporters deserve a lot of credit. They're not the kind to sit and moan about the state of things. They've a lot of get up and go, and really make things happen. Fair play to them!

that was the doen side putting a 14/15 month old in calf anfd then if he didnt want here you would be stuck with an in calf animal that you didnt want

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭capslock88

@whelan..don't think this would arise if the heifer was 400kg plus and wasn't a BAD animal...the main thing was to have them incalf and making the weight and after that it'd be very unlikely you'd be turned away...especially if you had more than one...and i doubt you'd have anything bad in your place anyway!
    @pak...you'd have to be impressed by this guy, a real quick mover..no messing around...and true to his word...i'd say he spent about 2minutes at our place back in april and was gone again cos they were doing the whole country in one day...it's fellas like him that we need more of in todays world...apparently they had trouble enough with the dept of ag...seemed to be some opposition to the export from them, dont know why!....i reckon they'l find it easier to fill the nxt load cos the societies will make more of an effort to make people support him...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

maiden heifers making 600-700 with their weight in ennis last thursday i sold 4 black limousins 435kg 1040 euro ............im not parting with my PBR incalf vaccinated membership paid and drop her up the other end of the country for 1100 euros......someone is making a quick buck somewhere.......

Advertisement