Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alder Grove, Naas

Options
  • 08-07-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about or had purchased one of these properties. It says that there's no deposit required but I can't find much info on the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Only a few weeks ago the prices were dropped by between 17 - 20% so I would hold off and see what further drops are in the pipeline.

Be wary of gimmicks like no deposit, they remind me of the "We will pay your mortgage for a year" or free car tricks that were used in 2007 by developers who saw the bust coming and needed to snare the last few remaining buyers.

It would seem like the developer knows that he will have to drop the price again in the near future so has come up with this no deposit lark to grab whatever buyers he can at current prices.

I hope I am not stating the obvious here, but you do realise that the "no deposit" part does not refer to your mortgage only to the booking deposit?

I have a friend who lives in one of these and beware the pictures you see on myhome/daft were taken with some ridiculous wide angle lens. The houses are actually quite tight inside especially the mid-terrace.

The bedrooms are very small and the gardens are tiny. It is a nice part of Naas but when you look out your shoebox window at the semi mansions in oldtown demesne you will realise just how small they are.

Also car-parking space is at a premium in the Aldergrove development - you will get one car in the drive and you will have to block it in if you have a second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Hi

I think most of muletide's comments are fair - but I would say that the size of them is pretty average for a modern 3-bed - however looking out at the "semi mansions" :rolleyes: might effect things (I live in one of the larger houses and it's not how I'd describe them :D)

In terms of pricing and future reductions - I can't tell you and I don't think anyone else can either - the only thing I can say from going by every day is that those houses have been selling at a slow, but steady rate over the last 18 months or so - and at some point they'll sell the last of them (however long that might take) what the price of the last one sold will be impossible to know - you can pay your money now and get one or hold on and you _might_ get one cheaper.....

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Giancarlo

Great Location!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mactifosi

We have been trying to buy one of these houses for four months now and we are still in limbo.
    It took us five weeks to get the Letter of Offer from the bank - this is supposed to be the hard part.

It then took two months for the vendor to provide a contract which they did only after we threatened to pull out.
    The vendor did not sign the contract for a further four weeks and only did so after we again threatened to pull out.

Today we have found out the houses in Alder Grove are owned by a vulture fund which is controlling the sale. The vulture fund has now asked us to provide proof of how we have secured our funds to buy the house.

We are now currently waiting to see if the vulture fund will agree to the sale which in my opinion after four months is an absolute disgrace. We are now in the position where they could say no and we are left with financial losses, not to mention wasting five months of our time.

I might also add that I have more chance of getting the agent to respond here than replying to any of my emails or calls which isn't the level of communication that I expect.

Advertisement