Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student study in uk

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi i am looking for advice i would like to train to become a midwife. I have looked into attending Dublin but i live 3 hrs away and with 2 children and being a single mother it would not work for me.
    So another option is to move to a city in the UK where i have a large family who would help with childcare.
    I would be applying for an NHS course so as far as i can make out i am eligible for free fees.
    Can anyone tell me of any other financial assistance that would be available to me.
    I need all the help and advice i can get pls.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

shky wrote: »
    Hi i am looking for advice i would like to train to become a midwife. I have looked into attending Dublin but i live 3 hrs away and with 2 children and being a single mother it would not work for me.
    So another option is to move to a city in the UK where i have a large family who would help with childcare.
    I would be applying for an NHS course so as far as i can make out i am eligible for free fees.
    Can anyone tell me of any other financial assistance that would be available to me.
    I need all the help and advice i can get pls.
    Thanks in advance

Hi OP.
    You can apply for the BTEA to study abroad if you are currently in receipt of a Social Welfare payment. If you are getting OPFP I'm not sure if you can keep this for study in the EU. The student maintenance grant can also be paid to students who study at a recognised third level centre within the EU subject to satisfying the means test.

You can check your eligibility with Citizens info on 1890 777121.

Advertisement