Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The House Rules App

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All,
    I've just released my first iPhone App. It's called The House Rules. It's designed to make chores for Children fun. It allows the parents to create a list of chores, then the children spin a wheel to determine what random chore they will have to do.
    It's available now in the Apple App Store. It comes with a predefined list of fun chores but more can be added or removed.

The App is totally open ended and can be used for any other random based game. Any drinking game that incorporates playing cards can be written into the App by the user. For example the drinking game "Kings and Queens". The rules of this game can be added to the app and played at your next party.
    You can use the app if you're hosting a raffle. Put all the names of people playing into the app and spin the wheel to choose a winner.

Check out the website and let me know what you think.
    Also if there are any start-up developers (like me) here that would like to know how I did anything in the App, feel free to ask away :)

All the best!
    HBB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

looks great :)

can actually seeing my little lad fall for this :)

don't suppose there'll be an android version?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you want help with an Android version I wouldn't mind co developing it with you, you might not require help though ;)

I'll probably have a look through the app and annoy you with questions, I'm new to iPhone dev and while I can knock together an app in it I'm having trouble ironing out the kinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HeadBangersBall

Cheers :)
    An Android version is in the very early stages ;)

Feel free to pass the word on...

iPhone development is still new to me, so fire off the questions and I'll do my best to answer.
    Thanks for the offer of co development. I just need time to sit down and explore Android. I've taken the first step... installation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Congrats on the app. Downloaded it and will have a proper play later. Website and icon look really well.

We released our sixth iPhone app this week (two are 'Lite' versions). The "will there be an Android version?" is definitely becoming a far more common question.

I'd say there are a fair few iOS developers who (like me) have downloaded the Android SDK, got the "Hello World" working, and are now saying that Android versions are "on the way". ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

AhrSkidar wrote: »
    Congrats on the app. Downloaded it and will have a proper play later. Website and icon look really well.

We released our sixth iPhone app this week (two are 'Lite' versions). The "will there be an Android version?" is definitely becoming a far more common question.

I'd say there are a fair few iOS developers who (like me) have downloaded the Android SDK, got the "Hello World" working, and are now saying that Android versions are "on the way". ;)

Haha I've done it the other way around, followed Android from the beginning and its "Yeh I'll get that on iOS as soon as!" :D

AhrSkidar wrote: »

Thanks a million!
    Any feedback on the app or website is much apricated :)

Advertisement