Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile Deposit

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have applied to sign up for a iPhone business package with eMobile. We have two landline/broadband accounts and pay both by direct debit(average €180-200 per month) and signed up for direct debit this time also.
    I've just been told we will have to pay a €300 deposit before the order can proceed as I am porting a pay as you go number over and do not have three months mobile bills. Is there any way around this or any way of reducing the deposit needed. We are a small business and €300 is a lot to hand over.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's nothing you can do about a deposit, maybe if you try and sign up for a consumer plan it may not attract the deposit.
    Have a look at moving one of your landline numbers to a voip provider and you should be able to half that monthly phone bill of €200.
    €300 is a steep deposit it's entirely random when it comes to mobile phones and deposits, 3 have their iphone deposits capped at €150 if you did randomly get asked for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ladybird99 wrote: »
    I have applied to sign up for a iPhone business package with eMobile. We have two landline/broadband accounts and pay both by direct debit(average €180-200 per month) and signed up for direct debit this time also.
    I've just been told we will have to pay a €300 deposit before the order can proceed as I am porting a pay as you go number over and do not have three months mobile bills. Is there any way around this or any way of reducing the deposit needed. We are a small business and €300 is a lot to hand over.

Thanks

Hi Ladybird99

The deposit has to be applied as part of the transfer however the Deposit would be credited back on the 7th BIll.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

yes thanks Mark. I already read that on your website but that's not what I am asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ladybird99 wrote: »
    yes thanks Mark. I already read that on your website but that's not what I am asking.

Hi Ladybird99,

Apologiies I should have elaborated more on my answer. as the €300 deposit is a set requirement and part of the terms and conditions of the service. The deposit has to be the same for every customer.

As such I am sorry but it is not possible to offer reduced rates.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

That's a good way of Eircom earning interest of your money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement