Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone comedy

Options
  • 08-07-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

just saw the line up..pffffff There isnt one decent comedien there..and PJ Gallagher..I'd rather have my ears glued shut than see him again. worst comedy gig i was ever at. calm down..no need to shout. you still arent funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I personally think Vodafone's line up is hilarious. <Off-Topic snipped>

Wait...PJ Gallagher, didn't know he worked for them!! Am I in the right place...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Stewart Francis is great. I love when he walks on stage and says
    "Im sincerely delighted to be here in........." (looks at some writing on his hand, then says the name of the venue) That guy cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

just saw the line up..pffffff There isnt one decent comedien there..and PJ Gallagher..I'd rather have my ears glued shut than see him again. worst comedy gig i was ever at. calm down..no need to shout. you still arent funny.

Well just don't go then? :confused:

Jesus wept!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Glen Wool is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

who is the guy that does the radio ad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Folks, this is the Stand-up Comedy forum, not R&R or the Talk To Vodaphone forum.

A number of off-topic posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    who is the guy that does the radio ad ?

The one liner stand up advertising the comedy festival is Stewart Francis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Folks, this is the Stand-up Comedy forum, not R&R or the Talk To Vodaphone forum.

A number of off-topic posts deleted.

Twas in AH when I posted the first one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Anybody heading in tonight? I'm wondering why the gates open at 3pm, whats on between 3 and 7? I have tickets for Sunday at 7pm but I cant get there until about 6.45pm, want to know if I'm missing something other than queuing for seats! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Anybody heading in tonight? I'm wondering why the gates open at 3pm, whats on between 3 and 7? I have tickets for Sunday at 7pm but I cant get there until about 6.45pm, want to know if I'm missing something other than queuing for seats! :D

As far as I know there is a show at 4.30 too - I have tickets for the Sat one so I assume its the same during the week. Last time they had stalls inside with food and beer and stilt walkers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

They're promising mimes with megaphones this year.

I'm only going to see Glenn Wool with Doc Brown on Sunday.

I've never heard of Doc Brown, anyone know if he's good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Nobody in last night then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Went last night Reggie watts,David o D and Paul Foot.

Paul Foot - Great routine but sadly most of it lost in a tent of full of people half cut on beer from plastic glasses :D loved his routine about baby on board stickers - a pet hate of mine.

Dave o D was the MC and for me was the best act on show.Did the songs we've all heard before but his stand up(as opposed to sit down with keyboard) was top notch.

Reggie Watts - Good routine and had a lot to say about vodafone and corporate sponsors in general getting a few nice digs in.I think its his 4th year now and he really has the Irish sussed which he summed up nicely in a few of his songs.COuldn't get my head around people laughing when he wasn't being funny but rather being amazing at making music with his mouth - the Irish :rolleyes:

Advertisement