Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Cycle kit! 10th!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

all looks like crap this time to be honest.

and maybe it's just me but I wouldn't place much faith in a car rack that only costs 35 quid...
    cheap = cheap materials, less strength. you wouldn't want it to fail at 120kph on the motorway with 3 bikes on it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

and maybe it's just me but I wouldn't place much faith in a car rack that only costs 35 quid...
    cheap = cheap materials, less strength. you wouldn't want it to fail at 120kph on the motorway with 3 bikes on it...

Yes, because the €100 ones aren't made from alluminium and plastic also..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

maybe it's just me but I wouldn't place much faith in a car rack that only costs 35 quid...

Had one of these a couple of years back, and it did the job ok. Three bikes, Dublin to south Cork a couple of times, and many other trips in between. Have the Hollywood four bike rack now and it's not that different; better padding for bikes and car, side straps as well as top and bottom, and slightly easier to fold, but no more sturdy. If you tighten them properly, and check the strap tension once the bikes are on, I think these things are reliable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Piercemeear

The bike lift is kind of cool, if you had the kind of place that would suit it. I almost want to buy one in case I ever move into a place with high ceilings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yep me too. Have nowhere to use it but want one anyway...

I see they have wireless computers for the price of 3 Lidl ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The bike lift is kind of cool, if you had the kind of place that would suit it. I almost want to buy one in case I ever move into a place with high ceilings.

I have one. Never even put it up. Too afraid of walkng into it with the lights off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

you wouldn't want it to fail at 120kph on the motorway with 3 bikes on it...

You'd hardly want to be driving at 120kph with 3 bikes on the back ....?:rolleyes:

vicwatson wrote: »
    You'd hardly want to be driving at 120kph with 3 bikes on the back ....?:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:
    fine, 140 then

why would it make the slightest bit of difference?
    mloc123 wrote: »
    Yes, because the €100 ones aren't made from alluminium and plastic also..

you know there's different grades of the same material available, right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Yep me too. Have nowhere to use it but want one anyway...

I see they have wireless computers for the price of 3 Lidl ones.

saw that too, got a lidl one yesterday and seems to work great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Ya i know computer is a rip off, i was thinking about looking at car rack! and maby bike lift kinka cool idia as at the mo i have bikes everywhere :(

But what im really hoping is the sunglases they have will have one in yellow and maby clear as well! anyone know from past exp!

O Also the Anti-shock Insoles could be good for any MTBs peeps out there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I just bought the lidl computer.
    Anyone any experience with these?
    Im not getting any mph readout yet.
    Batterys in, calibrated etc. Even when i hold the reader beside the sensors - nothing...
    Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

You have to move the sensor past the reader repeatedly (as would happen on a wheel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

I have - i cycled it for 500m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Probably just misaligned then. Mine (which is not the lidl one, but equally cheapo :)) took a little bit of fiddling to get just right. It needs to pass within around 2mm of the centre of the sensor to register. The direction it's facing may also be important, it is on mine for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Aldi computer has a heart rate monitor which I don't think the Lidl one did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Will the cycle rack carrier fit on a saloon car?

Hey anyone gone to check out this kit - what kinda sunglasses are there any clear ones? or yellow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Picked out a cycle carrier at 3 this afternoon, the last one in Killarney. Don't mind if we have to travel a lot slower with it, Dissembling my bike to put it in the boot isn't fun.

Went and got the sunglasses, ended up that there were just packs with UV tint on them but there was also other packs there with 3 diff types of glass in the box, yellow clear and dark! and only 5e! best deal ever tryed them out real nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Feck, what kind of supermarket closes at 7.00?

Anyone know if this is still on today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

a148pro wrote: »
    Feck, what kind of supermarket closes at 7.00?

Anyone know if this is still on today?

It'll still be "on" in any stores that have stock remaining. Ultimately that's what it comes down to. They won't be getting any more in, but some may not sell out for some time.

Ya aldi are real good at keeping what dose not sell in the shop that close to me anyhow for ages, even stuff that was out 3 weeks ago was still there! so id not worry tomuch that said if its sold out its sold out but shop near me had lots of kit left so u never know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Ok thanks lads will try and get out

no worrys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Will the cycle rack carrier fit on a saloon car?

anyone know?

anyone know?

I can't see why it wouldn't looking at the picture

looks fairly standard. two point of contact plus two straps below, two to the side and two to the top. I've a similar type which went on saloon, hatch & coupe without issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

anyone know?

What car is it(year too)?

Advertisement