Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme Interviews

Options
  • 08-07-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I recently had two interviews for positions on the scheme and wasn't successful.

I am just wondering if there is anyone on here who has taken part in the scheme and if so why were they successful in getting on the scheme/ reasons why they were selected over other applicants.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 im a believer

i was lucky enough to get a place on ce scheme, if garda alearence is needed then try to have that in place, it takes employers ages to get it sorted an often you cant start without it. the only other advice id give u is dont give up!i think i was chosen because i had garda clearence and i researched the place before interview, she told me this impressed her, she said lots of people applied but dident even know what the job involved. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

i was lucky enough to get a place on ce scheme, if garda alearence is needed then try to have that in place, it takes employers ages to get it sorted an often you cant start without it. the only other advice id give u is dont give up!i think i was chosen because i had garda clearence and i researched the place before interview, she told me this impressed her, she said lots of people applied but dident even know what the job involved. best of luck

Thanks for the information. The positions I was interviewed for didn't require garda clearance but I was asked why did I waant to work on the ce scheme. I guess there I should show that I have researched the company. What did you do to get garda clearance?

You can't get garda clearance by yourself. You have to go through the company you're about to work for.
    I teach kids (13-18 y/o) drama and I needed garda clearance. I had to get it through the youth theatre. The ridiculous thing though is that it's not transferable. If I want to teach at another youth theatre, I have to go through the whole rigmarole again!

You can't get garda clearance by yourself. You have to go through the company you're about to work for.
    I teach kids (13-18 y/o) drama and I needed garda clearance. I had to get it through the youth theatre. The ridiculous thing though is that it's not transferable. If I want to teach at another youth theatre, I have to go through the whole rigmarole again!

Its a shame that its not transferable. Did you have garda clearance in place before you had the interview?

Anyone know how long it takes for the Garda vetting process to be completed for CE Schemes. I am aware that the host organisation has to send a form to the person who has applied and once the form is returned to them they have to send it to the garda vetting unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement