Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Question

Options
  • 08-07-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

anybody know of free parking spots around parnell street/ rotunda hospital

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

they are free after 7pm thats as good as it gets tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

A bit of a "risky" free parking spot is the parking zone at the main entrance of the Rotunda at the top of the hill (left of the front door) the pole with the p-> sign to say these are pay and display spots starts in the wrong place and excludes the last spot furthest away from the front door (up the hill) ... if you have the balls and the time to fight your corner legally you dont have to pay for that spot as its outside the pay and display zone but as I said at the start its a bit risky !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think the flats just off Parnell Street have free parking but I wouldn't park there... There's a euro carpark behind Conways (left just after the pub) and they charge 12 euro for the whole day, which isn't bad considering two hours parking cost nearly 6 euro in the Ilac Centre the day my partner collected myself and our daughter from the hospital!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

January wrote: »
    I think the flats just off Parnell Street have free parking but I wouldn't park there...

Dominick Street? That's actually fine to park on during the day. It's not free though :( it's pay and display.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

anybody know of free parking spots around parnell street/ rotunda hospital

unless I am very much mistaken, you do not stand a chance. expecting free parking in Dublin city centre is a bit much.

there is however a place on Parnell street, corner Gardiner street where you can park all day for 5 euro, which is not bad.

• Advertisement

Question to the mods (some answered this parking question)... how or when can i post a new thread ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Question to the mods (some answered this parking question)... how or when can i post a new thread ???

You can always post new threads. There are no restrictions, except in the Soccer forum. Just hit the New Topic button on the top left of the screen.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dickwod1 wrote: »

whenever you want

pick your forum and hit the new thread button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Buckley D

Even Sunday you have to pay and display in the yellow zone from 2PM - 6PM. However, Sunday on loading bays and single yellow lines are free from 7PM the Saturday evening to 7AM Monday Morning, and are from 7PM - 7AM each day of the week.

Thanks windsock and irishbird (:confused:im only a newbee:confused:) i can see it now so clearly (isnt everything easy when you know how to do it :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Is there some free parking around the garden in Parnell Square? or if you're up for a very little walk is there parking on Marlborough Street?

Advertisement