Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lime

• 08-07-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭

Has any one any idea what price lime is at the minute per tonne?

How many tonnes should be spread per acre on land that is being reseeded?

It has never had any lime spread on it in my life time as far as i remember and im guessing it didnt receive any before that either.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

i paid 17 euros spread, not sure if thats good value or not to be honest..

get the soil tested, I was shocked in the different requirements for fields right beside each other some needed none and others needed considerable amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭The Real Elmer Fudd

I got quoted €20 per acre to spread so id say €17 isnt to bad. any idea how mush the lime itself is per tonne?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

E17 is very good value. I paid E22 here in Limerick lasy year.

Just rang roadstone in meath. they where €23 per tonne delivered and spread or €20 per tonne delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Cran

Just recheck actually 18 euros I paid - as for 23 quote find out who their sales agent for your area is. place I got it quote 23 and the bills say 23 spread when sent out but really is 18 as per the agent and whats paid

• Advertisement

Thats great, thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Just rang roadstone in meath. they where €23 per tonne delivered and spread or €20 per tonne delivered.

That's the going rate. Bought lime off Roadstone's Roscommon depot this spring at €23/tonne spread. They organise the spreading contractor so it was less hassle and it was spread as soon as it arrived.

If you haven't ever spread lime on the land, it's well worth the time and energy getting the soil sampled. You only need buy what you want then, both lime and fertiliser wise. With the price of nitrogen, if land hasn't the correct pH, your wasting money and not going to get good rights from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

€17 per tonne sread is great value .Price around here varies from 18 -24 /tonne spread .Ibought some in spring €14.50 /tonne ex quarry .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

mcgraths in Clare...23 euro a ton spread. just asked the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

would def have a soil test done before spending money on lime,paid 20 euro a tonne delivered & spread,limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Has any one any idea what price lime is at the minute per tonne?

How many tonnes should be spread per acre on land that is being reseeded?

It has never had any lime spread on it in my life time as far as i remember and im guessing it didnt receive any before that either.

as mentioned below a soil test would be of benefit, if results show it needs more than 2 ton per acre, split the application, half now and rest in 1 to 2 years time
    Muckit wrote: »
    That's the going rate. Bought lime off Roadstone's Roscommon depot this spring at €23/tonne spread. They organise the spreading contractor so it was less hassle and it was spread as soon as it arrived.

If you haven't ever spread lime on the land, it's well worth the time and energy getting the soil sampled. You only need buy what you want then, both lime and fertiliser wise. With the price of nitrogen, if land hasn't the correct pH, your wasting money and not going to get good rights from it.

+1
    the days of throwing out compounds at will are gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

21.50 e depends on distance from Quarry
    Get price from your contractor

Advertisement