Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squid in Limerick?

• 08-07-2011 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get squid in Limerick?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

If you're about town tomorrow have a look in the Market, there's a fresh fishmonger with a wee shop there, the name escapes me at the moment I'm afraid. They seem to always have a great selection of seafood and I'm pretty sure I saw squid on their ad board once or twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Bevvie wrote: »

Alaskimo Face is talking about Rene Cusacks in the market and they might have it (they also have a bigger shop on the Dock Rd around the corner from Dolans)

You could also try to fish mongers/butchers around the corner from the Chicken Hut. They always have a good range of frozen stuff like prawns, squid etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

If you're about town tomorrow have a look in the Market, there's a fresh fishmonger with a wee shop there, the name escapes me at the moment I'm afraid. They seem to always have a great selection of seafood and I'm pretty sure I saw squid on their ad board once or twice.

Unfortunately, you can't get it I asked the fisherman from the Milk Market and he told me that the Irish waters are too cold at the moment to get squids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Bevvie wrote: »

BillyTheSquid will tell you where his friends hang out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

would be a good name for a band - "Squid in Limerick"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always thought you got squid in winter when the waters are warmer?

Anyway, +1 for Rene Cusack, if they don't have it the day you go in they'll get it for you (if it's available) and I've never had a problem with their products, but I normally goto them in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You can get Squid Tubes at the Chinese supermarket on Henry st.

They are frozen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

Gawd I love squid. I got some in Marks and Spencers in Cork a few weeks and froze it. When I defrosted it it was still perfectly tender and yummy. Maybe you coul do a road trip and freeze a tonne of it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Bevvie

Thanks guys :)
    I'll try Rene Cusack's, if they don't have any then I'll try the Chinese Places.
    If all else fails... ROADTRIP!:cool:
    (Have to stock up on Percy Pig's too :P)

Advertisement