Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family history

Options
  • 08-07-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I've recently started doing a family tree of one side of my family. I've been trying to track down Irish witness statements from the Easter Rising, War of Independence and Civil War. Anyone have any ideas how or where I could go about getting copies of these to view - either online or in person? It would be a huge help.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

dmullins3 wrote: »
    I've recently started doing a family tree of one side of my family. I've been trying to track down Irish witness statements from the Easter Rising, War of Independence and Civil War. Anyone have any ideas how or where I could go about getting copies of these to view - either online or in person? It would be a huge help.

The genealogy forum might be a better bet for your research - lots of advice and leads available there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

As stated above, but you can peruse witness statements from 1913-1923 at the Military History Archive, Cathal Bruagh Barracks. Phone number sent in PM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey there is a genealogy section of the History forum. You might get a bit more assistance there.

Advertisement