Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property

Options
  • 08-07-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am just new to this so hope i am doin this right wel we have been tryin to sell
    Our property for comin up to a year now is this normaly how slow these tings are any body got any sugestions on why this might be taking so long?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Drop the price to a reasonable price and it will sell quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 crizy

HI the price isnt high its 140k with 5 bedrooms two of wich are down stair :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

But if it is not selling, the price is too high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

crizy wrote: »
    I am just new to this so hope i am doin this right wel we have been tryin to sell
    Our property for comin up to a year now is this normaly how slow these tings are any body got any sugestions on why this might be taking so long?

It is extremely straightforward: the price is too high. Drop the price and it will sell. Simple.

Anyone who tells you there is any other explanation is talking nonsense.

• Advertisement

Thank you guys for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Is it on daft/myhome? Can you post a link?

Hi yes it is if you go on to daft in property search and type 5 bed kildare were it says max price type in 150 and it comes up cnt post a link as i am using my phone hope tat helps u find it

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

If it is the one in Athy for 145k, it's very... personal in terms of decoration. It might be worth redoing the photos without all the ornaments. Also, you should have a photo of every room, and floor plans would be useful. Total square footage should be mandatory on every ad.

ETA - that's only advice on the advertising, trying to get people in the door.
    If you are getting viewings but no-one's biting, as everyone else said, the price is too high.

Hi yes might try tat thank u for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Price isn't everything when selling it also comes down to the difficulty in getting finance, I know people who have been paying 1,300 per month for a number of years yet they can't get a mortgage that would have them paying 900 per month.

The above house look fine, I know you could the improve pictures but another factor when selling is location. Location also has as big a factor in selling as price.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Here's a couple of things to think about:
    Your photos are your brochure-they need to be good in order to attract people into taking a look at your house.
    Sold my house last year-quickly-massively decluttered the house before hand-put away ornaments photos etc. The estate agent took great photos but literally I was pulling toys and high chairs out of the way so that they weren;t in the photos.
    Put yourself into the shoes of the buyer-they need to see themselves-living in your house so you need to make the house as appealing (bland) as possible.
    I have to say that some of your photos put me off -photo 3 of sitting room and the garden-they felt cluttered to me.
    I'm in the market for a house like yours (but looking in Lucan not Athy) and better photos with a good price might help you get people to take a look.
    On pricing-you need to be perceived as best value-so if similar houses are in the €135k-€155k price range(just an example)-you need to price around €135k
    One other thing-I wouldn't call it a 5 bed house-its either a 3 or 4 bed with an extension. While technically there could be 5 bedrooms I wou;d be comparing to other 4 beds with playrooms or studys downstairs.
    Just an opinion-hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 small investor

Anyone guess what the investment rate will be next year? How high will rates go?

• Site Banned Posts: 33 taka

Did the house sell

Advertisement