Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before casual benefit is cut off?

Options
  • 08-07-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I'm on the casual workers allowance, but haven't gotten any days for 3 weeks. I know that I will have work the week after next but I'm concerned that the local Social welfare office will consider me unemployed and stop my benefit before then.

Is there a set number of dockets with all x's before you are considered unemployed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

dath wrote: »
    I'm on the casual workers allowance, but haven't gotten any days for 3 weeks. I know that I will have work the week after next but I'm concerned that the local Social welfare office will consider me unemployed and stop my benefit before then.

Is there a set number of dockets with all x's before you are considered unemployed?

I'd say you'll be fine. I know seasonal workers - people unemployed for three or four months during the summer and haven't heard of anyone being cut off for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dath

I got onto the Finglas office and a very nice woman told me that if you submit dockets with all x's for about six weeks you will be considered unemployed but not to worry about it until then

Advertisement