Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a dinky fry pan with detachable handle! great for top to oven... guess how much

Options
  • 08-07-2011 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd pass this on. I don't fry much at all. However, when the sis and hubbie come to stay it has to be fried eggs and sausage. The old prestige pan had seen better days, so I looked around for a replacement.

Bear in mind I only use the pan about 5 or six times a year! Yes, really. Saw some lovely ones, but was looking for something that would go from hob to oven. Extremeley expensive, and there is a recession... so I passed for now.

Anyway went into All Rooms in Liffey street to get some bits (great place). Saw a small fry pan, it is ceramic (I think), non stick, and has a detachable handle so the base could go in the oven after the frying is done. It was 4 euro....

Couldn't leave it there now could I? So I made what I always wanted to do, hob and oven style... saving having to turn it over with a plate! A Spanish omelette. Well it worked a dream. Just fried the sliced potatoes and onions with a bit of chorizo until nearly tender. Then tipped in the beaten eggs and seasoning. When the bottom was firming up, I detached my handle and put the pan, which is now an oven dish, in for 20 minutes.

Delish. And the pan dish cleaned like a dream. Now I have no illusions that this will last a lifetime or anything, but I was thrilled to get such a great invention for such a bargain! I've no doubt there are more expensive versions available, and also pans that have heat proof handles. But I liked my little removable handle version so much, I raced in there this lunchtime to buy another ( for a rainy day!) 4 euro, my god, bargain of the century!!

Hope you like my little story. Here's to cooking lots from hob to oven now!!

Comments

Advertisement