Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final build compatibility check/comments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    i doubt it, and they care less about your stuff than you would, so could easily break the board. also, how much would they charge to build it?

you either want to built it yourself or not. its not rocket science though.

They care as much as any maintenance computer store. It costs around €10 where i priced it. Better than possibly having to replace the equipment. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jack888

Ok, Ive finished, I think but I am winging it:).

Ive plugged in the desktop and powered on. I get power, cpu fan and two case fans working, graphics card is also spinnning away.

But when I plug in a monitor I get nothing. Whats my next step? I only have my HDD drive in right now, will put in SSD if I get going.

Im in!!! wow im great

jack888 wrote: »
    Im in!!! wow im great

Well done! What u do? :)

pepper180 wrote: »
    Well done! What u do? :)

Was making a rookie mistake, which I wont say:)

• Advertisement

Was making a rookie mistake, which I wont say:)

Ah come on, Tell us.. We wont slag..... Much ;) ,
    Na can I know?, Just for my future in building.
    PM me if you don't want to tell the whole boards family :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You have to tell us all now as we'll just assume the absolute worst. Like you forgot the processor and put the heatsink on the board without it! Or put RAM into the PCI-E slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

power to the gpu?

Ah come on, Tell us.. We wont slag..... Much ;) ,
    Na can I know?, Just for my future in building.
    PM me if you don't want to tell the whole boards family :pac:

Three monitors here, was plugging in the wrong one:confused:

They care as much as any maintenance computer store. It costs around €10 where i priced it. Better than possibly having to replace the equipment. :p

If you arent prepared to do any of the work yourself, in my opinion you should just buy from dell or someone.

Sure you will save some money, but you do need to be prepared to troubleshoot and get stuck in yourself, because problems will present themselves, even if someone does initial build.

• Advertisement

If you arent prepared to do any of the work yourself, in my opinion you should just buy from dell or someone.

Sure you will save some money, but you do need to be prepared to troubleshoot and get stuck in yourself, because problems will present themselves, even if someone does initial build.

A dell? The reason I am buying a custom built PC is because it will be better than a dell or a normal pre-built PC. I am also buying it because it is WAAAAAY cheaper.

Buying a custom PC doesn't mean you have to build it or be the maintenance man of it.

I will be my own maintenance man for it, yes, but that doesn't mean I have to build it. :rolleyes: & if I'm not able to, I have a sibling that can do it all. :)

Advertisement