Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Lazy Day

• 08-07-2011 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

So Good People of BGRH Sit Back While I tell you a tale.

To set the Scene, was supposed to be going away for the weekend with the better? half but she has to work, I'd today booked off so said I was going to keep it.

Woke up this morning as she was getting ready and was given a lovely cup of tea, she headed off and I nodded back to sleep, woke up then and spent a half an hour listening to Ray Darcy on Today Fm, just lying in bed, comfort!!

Got up and had a long shower, just perfect and decided to cook myself some breakfast, It was the best breakfast I've had in I don't know how long! A big dirty fry up, all the trimmings :D

Then I went and turned on the Playstation and spent 2 hours playing COD, something I havn't done since my student days! 2 cans of the coldest coke imaginable and a bag of chilli doritos and dip to accompany.

I've spent the last couple of hours calved out on the couch watching How I Met your Mother, now I'm just doing a bit of browsing, personal email all that!! Work email is being left closed!!

I have 8 cans of Heineken in Fridge for later and herself is picking up a chinese, Relax then with a DVD, my choice, I'm thinking something along the lines of Remember the Titans..

I think this is honestly the first day I've had to myself in a long time, no appointments/meetings/visits/favours to be done, and I cannot for the life of me think why I dont do it more often.

So ladies and Gents, How do ye spend your true free time??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I live vicariously by reading about the inertia of others and wishing I was that idle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 CopperPipe

Christ above that sounds unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Haha Unreal!!! sounds like a great day!!!
    My Car broke down sat night nd had to be towed home!! Now obviously I was seriously pissed off with this, however I did not see the other side of the coin!!! I was stranded at home (live ever so slightly rural haha) on the sun!! I couldnt do anything even if I wanted to haha I slept in had big fry for breakfast and just watched crappy sunday tv all day comedy channel mostly with the odd tattoo show nd the dog whisperer haha Took the 2 poochs for a walk, on the way back i felt a bit sweet toothed so stopped at the local shop nd got an ice cream cone lol a 99 to be exact heaven lol Finished off the day by watching Sean Connerys last attempt at 007 and then Resident Evil 1 in bed to fall asleep! it was best day ive had in ages lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Jesus thats sounds like a right day.

Only problem I would have is as soon as I start playing a console thats it. 14 hours later I'm red-eyed and I've forgotten I have a missus. Just concentrating on working out sniping positions around a COD map. Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

love my days offf :), used to love when I started work at 6 in the mornin, be finished at 2 in the afternoon, when Id come home,(with food) my other half would have fire lighting (october etc) and i would have quick shower, donne the pjs, lie on the OH's chest and doze off to some sh*te film, wake up early evenin, maybe have a little "fun" on the sofa, maybe doze off again, wake up about nine-ish, me cook dins (steak, chips, pepper sauce &caeser salad) and a few nice drinky-poos.......:):):):):):) ahhh yes, thems is the days

• Advertisement
Advertisement