Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kind of urgent question re joint of pork

Options
  • 08-07-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I have a joint of pork that's been marinating since yesterday but forgot to check about cooking times. The recipe says 2-2.5 hours for 1.5kg. I have a joint half that size but can't figure out how to adjust the cooking time.

Normally I would google it and find something saying cook for x amount of time per kg. However, I'm cooking it in a casserole dish with the marinade and all I can find are either joints roasted or a casserole done with chops or small pieces of pork. No joints done in a casserole and I'm assuming with the liquid etc. it wouldn't take the same length of time as a roast.

So any advice on how long to cook a piece 750g. After browning on the hob it's meant to go into the oven at 180C.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement