Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband dropping

Options
  • 08-07-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

So I finally got switched over to the 8mb ngb, from the 1mb I was put on by mistake, I was told I would be guaranteed the 8mb speeds, I am not getting this, I was also told that the line wouldn't keep dropping as was happening when I was with vodafone (which was not ngb).
    It is actually happening more now, and I am getting slower speeds :confused:

The only reason I switched over was because I was told it would be un congested and the line wouldn't drop, and the reason it was dropping was because I was sharing a line with vodafone.

Needless to say I am quite p**d off about this, what can be done to fix this?

Here is my speeds from speedtest.net

1376968903.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Yeah, I was led to believe that I would get full 8Mb broadband but it's been far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

I was getting faster speeds with vodafone, I was guaranteed to get 7-8mbs broadband, I easily got 6-7mbs with vodafone really annoyed I was mis sold a product :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I was getting faster speeds with vodafone, I was guaranteed to get 7-8mbs broadband, I easily got 6-7mbs with vodafone really annoyed I was mis sold a product :mad:

Hi jellybaby21,

Your line has a more than adequate bandwith capacity to handle the 8MB NGB speeds. The broadband signal is synced at 8MB on your telephone line and that is the speed being provided to the main telephone socket at your address.

Can you try the following checlist - http://bit.ly/cTw6pU
    to make sure your modem and set up are connected correctlt to maximise the wireless speed / connection.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement