Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Claim Query

• 08-07-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

crashed my bike in to a car last week.
    My fault.
    3rd party insurance e1800 damage to car.

Assuming my insurer pays out
    1. What can I expect to happen to my insurance this year?
    2. Does it affect my insurance forever (permanent record)?
    3. Anyone wanna guess what'll happen to my e500 policy next year?

fleet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

since no one else seems to want to comment here is my 2 cents...
    i had an accident in a cage a few year back and i imagine its similar insurance wise....basically they will ask you to grab your ankles and keep smiling and will continue to do so for a few years...

but in all honesty it depends on your age/exact circumstances /years no claims/ how much they payout actually costs/ if you had no claim protection or not..so no one can say exactly what is going to happen but certain things to expect are a rise in your insurance costs...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

if it's the same as a cage, you will obviously have to pay off your excess for the claim which is usually about €250 (but could be more depending on your policy) you will have to declaire your accident at renewal of your policy and do so for three years (everytime i got quotes from quinn they would ask "have you have any claims or accidents in the last 3 years")

You will lose some if not all your your N.C.B. depending on your policy cover, not sure if having a claim in the last few years loads more "risk" onto your insurance but i imagine you will be paying a bit more... i reckon your best bet is to call your insurance company and ask them directly..

if you do get info off them i would be interested to know what they tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can choose to pay off the 1800 yourself to the insurance company to avoid loosing your NCB. Depending on how much NCB you have it might be worth it long term for such a small amount.

Advertisement