Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google+ (Plus) Discussion Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The major disadvantage is that now even more people will 'just hop on my computer for a minute' and leave their gmail login details, forcing me to log in again repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The major disadvantage is that now even more people will 'just hop on my computer for a minute' and leave their gmail login details, forcing me to log in again repeatedly.
    Start fraping (graping?) them over and over til they learn. Or learn how to use Guest user accounts on your computer

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

28064212 wrote: »
    Start fraping (graping?) them over and over til they learn. Or learn how to use Guest user accounts on your computer

and end up having to log in to the OS over and over instead :D

I like the sound of 'graping'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Can you not just go to the google accounts and log them out there then login or am I missing something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭toadpenguin

Is anyone else having trouble starting a Hangout in Firefox? Every time I click the "Start a Hangout" button it tells me to install the plugin thingy. I'd say I've "installed" the little bugger about 5 times by now. It works fine in Chrome but it's a really good feature and I'd like if it worked in Firefox too.

Other than that, I love it. A bit of tinkering around with settings when you set up your account is wise if you're concerned about privacy.

One thing that I'd recommend is go to edit your profile, then click the "in your circles" box on the left. That way you can change who can see what circles you put people in e.g. you can choose to only show people in generic circles like Friends, Family etc and hide people in more personal circles like Close Friends, People Who I Don't Really Like But I've Added To Avoid Conflict. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Yeah... this whole graped / grape / graping thing

Well... NSFW http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=graped

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One thing that I'd recommend is go to edit your profile, then click the "in your circles" box on the left. That way you can change who can see what circles you put people in e.g. you can choose to only show people in generic circles like Friends, Family etc and hide people in more personal circles like Close Friends, People Who I Don't Really Like But I've Added To Avoid Conflict. :)

That only shows who shows up as being added to your circles. They can't see what circle they are added to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

iOS app has just been updated. I think it adds huddles, but more importantly for me, it's crash free on iOS 5 beta 5, though it does give a warning that iOS isn't fully supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Hi, has anyone still got any invites for this? I'd be much obliged...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Advertisement