Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning bl-22 capacity

Options
  • 08-07-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all,just wondering if it's possible to limit the magazine capacity on a browning bl-22. A mate of mine was offered one for a good price but it has a 17 shot mag so it'll be restricted. Any ideas cos it's his first rifle and would be much easier to licence if it wasn't restricted. Please help! Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Longranger wrote: »
    Hi all,just wondering if it's possible to limit the magazine capacity on a browning bl-22. A mate of mine was offered one for a good price but it has a 17 shot mag so it'll be restricted. Any ideas cos it's his first rifle and would be much easier to licence if it wasn't restricted. Please help! Thanks guys:)

A semi shotgun has a plug, I'm guessing a plug will sort yer mates rifle.

A dowel is what it is basically

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

I was thinking that cos my pump has a plug. Can do nowt but try. Cheers Tack

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Would you try licence it as it is. If you don't get it try licence it with the plug?
    I'd love that capacity in me cz

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭cra

As far as I know that restriction does not apply to rifles as long as they are over a certain length. I had a similiar problem when I licenced my Enfield as it has a ten shot mag and my firearms officer reckoned I needed a restricted licence but when he checked it out he was mistaken. I can't remember excactly what the minimum length is but I think it was 93cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Centrefire rifles are different. .22 rimfires have a magazine capacity limit of ten to qualify as an unrestricted firearm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

For any tube fed rifle magazine, the mechanics is a bit different from the shotgun in the way they load as in free fall then the spring is pushed downA friend of mine has a henry golden boy and he "plugged" the magazine using tissue paper compressed into the top of the steel rod. (its hard to explain) the biggest worry is that the bullet head gets damaged.

Advertisement