Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans to put in driveway

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Driveway/garden dug up,10 tons of 804 hardcore,7 tons of sharp sand,6 bags of slica sand,2 large rolls of Mypex barrier and 54 square meters of 60mm Kilsaran slane and raven pavers fitted cost me just on 4K euro.

That also included Bord Gais comming out to slightly reroute and sink the natural gas pipe further down into the ground,so that the paving could be installed down along the side of the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭hesker

Paddy

Did you have contractors in to lay the 804, sand & blocks..i.e. what was labour cost

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

hesker wrote: »
    Paddy

Did you have contractors in to lay the 804, sand & blocks..i.e. what was labour cost

That was the all in price from the builder to do the job.Oh and that included the builder bulding new boundary walsl for me too (sourced the 4 inch solid blocks and cappings myself).

The boundary walls were built with 4 inch solids laid flat on the side to make a 4 foot high 9 inch thck solid wall.Driveway piers were built the same way and are 5 feet high.Walls and driveway piers were then plastered with white coloured smooth plaster.

The builder is a friend of mine.

Advertisement