Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's Bah Street in Wexford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Could be Back Street ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Could be Back Street ?
    Is that where The Boys come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

oldyouth wrote: »
    Is that where The Boys come from?

Maybe :):cool: Though the street hasn't been called Back Street for several decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Maybe :):cool: Though the street hasn't been called Back Street for several decades.

Back Streets back alright:D:D

Get's coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 museologist

Just been searching the 1901 Census here: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Wexford_Urban_No__2/Bah_Street/1807496/ and a listing for Bah Street!! Obviously it is an error in transcription but what should it be? Bath Street? :confused:

Duh! It should have been Batt Street but I can't find delete button to get rid of thread. Mods please!!

I'm not sure if you got your question answered here already, but Batt Street is located in the Maudlintown district of Wexford town, near the Faythe area.

Back Street links Rowe Street with John's Gate Street/ Cornmarket. Back Street was changed to Mallin Street - named for the dead patriot - in the 1920s/30s and it is this name that on the street sign today.

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 georgel_2008

Just been searching the 1901 Census here: http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Wexford_Urban_No__2/Bah_Street/1807496/ and a listing for Bah Street!! Obviously it is an error in transcription but what should it be? Bath Street? :confused:

Duh! It should have been Batt Street but I can't find delete button to get rid of thread. Mods please!!

I think you are looking for Batt Street,its just off William st sharp left up the hill going towards Rosslare from the Talbot hotel,its a cul de sac which leads down to the cott safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I think you are looking for Batt Street,its just off William st sharp left up the hill going towards Rosslare from the Talbot hotel,its a cul de sac which leads down to the cott safe!

Thanks for your help but I had already figured that out see OP. Anyway thanks for the exact directions. :)

Advertisement