Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

F1ngers wrote: »
    Only view?
    The MGS HD collection will allow you to take your save file from the PS3, continue your playthrough on the way to work/school on the Vita, you can then put your save back onto the PS3 and continue on from where you last saved on the Vita.

Said VIEW - as thinking about the controller - it only has 1 set of trigger buttons - unsure how they will get around that even with a touchscreen.
    In terms of view - it would therefore allow you to play on the PS3 using the traditional controller without massive game reprogramming - provided of course the gameplay can be streamed to the Vita with no lag.

As I have really only one main TV in my home it can be difficult to get play time to devote to the likes of Skyrim.

Now - if there was a way to stream the PS3 to other TVs or to the vita with no lag then I would be in heaven. For the PS2 I used to use those weird glasses - however long term gameplay used to mess with depth perception so driving was always dodgy afterwards, plus the weight used to give me a headache and leave gawd awful indentations on my nose from the rubber support bracket. Again though - wires everywhere to use this was a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Taltos wrote: »
    Said VIEW - as thinking about the controller - it only has 1 set of trigger buttons - unsure how they will get around that even with a touchscreen.

I've heard mention that the back touchscreen will act as the second set of triggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/01/06/ps-vita-review-japanese-model

IGN's review of the system. This had now persauded me to get the system on launch, looks incredible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-06-3ds-breaks-japanese-sales-records
    The 3DS sold 1.5m units in December a record in Japan, this obviously didn't help the Vita. Hard to know what sony will do I say push on and get more big titles out. Maybe instead of a price cut they could bundle in a memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

IGN PS Vita (Japan) review: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/01/06/ps-vita-review-japanese-model?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Scroll down a little for video review also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

My vita has arrived from Hong Kong and it's currently in the sorting office in portlaoise hopefully I will get it next week going on hols on the 15th I'll be gutted if I don't get it by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Classic Rock Man

at first glance an extra 50 euro for 3G capabilities on the vita seems like a done deal, however Sony has recently revealed that the 3G is limited to only 20mb, and cant be used for online gaming (e.g no playing cod 57 in school) and is only limited to DLC (LOL 20mb dlc).

tlDR=3G VITA=RIPOFF

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The 3G on the Vita looks like a waste of time and money. The 3G version is also selling very poorly in Japan - even worse than the wifi version. Many people these days have smartphones with 3G and can tether up the Vita if needed. Also I don't think many people will want to get into a €20 data plan just to have access to 3G on the Vita on top of having a mobile phone data plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Apparently half the vitas shipped (not sold) to Japan were 3g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Classic Rock Man

Varik wrote: »
    Apparently half the vitas shipped (not sold) to Japan were 3g.

doesnt matter to sony now, those shipped vitas are paid for

• Advertisement

DarkDusk wrote: »
    IGN PS Vita (Japan) review: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/01/06/ps-vita-review-japanese-model?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Scroll down a little for video review also.

I already posted this :P

cloud493 wrote: »
    I already posted this :P

Oops, sorry I didn't notice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Rayman Origins, Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Asphalt are all under £6 for Vita on Amazon.co.uk right now!

If the price does not change that is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Details on AT&T's pricing plan for Vita have been unveiled...
    The data plan for the 3G version of Sony's hot new portable gaming system, the PlayStation Vita, will run you $15 for 250 MB or $25 for 2GB. There are no contracts, AT&T reps said during a presentation at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

The 3G PlayStation Vita costs $300. The Wi-Fi only version costs $250. (Neither includes the cost of a memory stick which is more or less mandatory for the system.)

Those prices are similar to what AT&T charges customers of the iPhone and Droid phones. Those folks pay $15 for 200 MB and $25 for 2GB.

The Vita officially comes out in North America on February 22, though early adopters will be able to get it a week early

Not exactly looking too appealing. :o

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/ipad.jsp

That's their normal plan, not any different to the ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

What launch titles or around launch titles will have Competitive Online gameplay... And is Fifa a launch title here? Debating on selling 3DTV to get this and buy another during the Summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Got my vita today guys if ye have any questions just ask will post pics later!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Looks like Netflix is indeed coming to the Vita.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/01/09/hirai-playstation-vita-sells-500k-getting-netflix-near-us-laun/
    In other news, Hirai announced that Netflix's TV and movie streaming service would be accessible through Vita once it launches outside Japan. Netflix is currently working to have it operational in North America and Europe on "day one."

That's brilliant!

3G model sounds crap :/ il be getting the wifi :D does anyone know what sort of pee orders are on? I'm not sure if I should go high street or amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was bored today:

187992.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was bored today:

187992.jpg
    Did you manage to sign an affidavit to ensure that Nate will never, ever return?

padair wrote: »
    Rayman Origins, Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Asphalt are all under £6 for Vita on Amazon.co.uk right now!

If the price does not change that is pretty cool

Prices have gone up again. Did anyone else grab a bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i ordered them all, but im not expecting it to be honoured

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Hi all. I've been keeping a close eye on the Vita for a while now and I noticed that pre-orders are being taken in for it. I've checked a few different online retailers (Amazon.co.uk, GAME.co.uk, Play.com and TheHut.com EU). None of them offer any bundle offers except that it seems with Play.com, you are FORCED to get the pre-order pack with the Vita. Kind of cheeky advertising since TheHut.com are offering the pre-order pack separately so they offer more freedom for those who just want the Vita and not the pre-order pack (which adds €30 to the Vita) but I suppose its smart business for those who may not notice that fact.

So, would anyone know who would be the best people to offer the best price for the best value? Thanks.

Helix wrote: »
    i ordered them all, but im not expecting it to be honoured

Ordered them all myself as well. When do you think we will get notice if there are going to be cancelled? Last minute?

A lot of places aren't advertising the ore order bundles on the high street yet. I imagine it'd be something alone the lines(I work in a video game retailer) it'll be Vita, game out of a selection, and memory card for 320. At a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

padair wrote: »
    Ordered them all myself as well. When do you think we will get notice if there are going to be cancelled? Last minute?

yeah, probably around shipping date

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What standard do ps compare the vita to??

Thinking of offloading a load of crap I don't use to pick this up!!

So can someone tell me what's hugely worth it compared to say psp or 3ds??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

What standard do ps compare the vita to??

Thinking of offloading a load of crap I don't use to pick this up!!

So can someone tell me what's hugely worth it compared to say psp or 3ds??

I have re-read the above three times and cannot decipher what you are saying. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement